PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys scuff the #$%^ out of your footwell area?

anjapower
03-27-2003, 06:36 PM
I try to be ultra careful, but maybe its my long legs or what not, but I am having helluva time trying to keep the footwell area scuff free. I always seem to hit the lower part of my door with my shoes, and it leaves an ugly looking dirty scuff. This problem also occurs with other parts of the footwell on both the driver and passenger side

I try to wipe it off with moist paper towels or armor-all wipes, but some of them still stay. You guys have this problem too? I think it's just because of the black interior panels. What do you guys do to keep it looking clean?

foilpan
03-27-2003, 06:42 PM
when all this road salt and sand is gone (maybe by august, october?) you'll be able to keep those panels scuff free.

i've just accepted the grime as a "protective winter coating" for now...

for a little while, i changed my shoes and stashed my pre-driving kicks on the floor in back, but it wasn't very convenient.

natesi
03-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Yes; i just let it be scuffed. Not much you can do about it unless you want to look like Twinkle-Toes getting out of your car.

VegasEP
03-27-2003, 10:57 PM
I think we all have this problem regardless of height. Mother's Back to Black is some amazing stuff. I've used it for awhile with great results on all my black plastic trim on the car except for the dash, got Vinylex for that.

Chris

crex2nr
03-28-2003, 01:05 AM
personally, you cant really avoid the scuffs, its going to happen. what you can use is some mild dish detergent mixed with water 50/50 mix is allright and a sponge and you should be okay