PDA

View Full Version : Stalling...

civic hatch boi
08-01-2002, 10:19 PM
what exactly does it do to the car? is it really bad? i stall at least once a day..

punkdork
08-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Damn dude.. you need to learn to drive your stick.

iR-VTEC2
08-01-2002, 11:50 PM
if you do it once in a while it shouldnt hurt. But if you do it ALLL LLLLllLLL the time then that's kiinda bad

2k2civicSi
08-02-2002, 12:07 AM
gosh i dont know what to tell you but you need to try really hard not to stall its not that bad but if you do it all the time i dont know what would happen it cant be good

punkdork
08-02-2002, 12:39 AM
One thing I can say is if you're stalling it that much you're probably not very good with the clutch and that will wear out faster. You'll also have to start your car more than if you weren't stalling it. So I guess your starter could wear out quicker too. As far as what else can get damaged, engine, tranny, etc. I dunno.

iR-VTEC2
08-02-2002, 02:03 AM
I know what you are doing!!! You're not practicing your balancing!
Also, try NOT to balance. When at a stop sign or light, use your brake. Not only does this save your clutch from excessive wear, but it teaches you how to go from brake stop to balancing exit.

You'll get it! Trust me. Just dont be afraid of what other people think!

civic hatch boi
08-02-2002, 07:18 AM
well, it IS my first stick.. i'm not that bad tho.. i was exaggerating about stalling every day.. just once in a while, and i get mad at myself.. so i guess it's pretty bad for the car then..

BlackSi2002
08-02-2002, 07:24 AM
2 months ago i was the same way, i bought my first stick, my ep, i loved the car, but sucked at driving it, so i made myself do it, i would go drive around, find hills to park on and drive around in the downtown traffic, in about 2 weeks i could drive it almost perfect, know i don't even notice that i'm doing it, its natural, drive alot, and you will get the hang off it.

ApexinSi
08-02-2002, 08:50 AM
I stalled my si twice..First time was when I test drove the car and 2nd time was a week after I had the car..I was pissed so after I stalled out, I followed it with a nice burnout/launch..so I guess stalling leads to burnouts therefore stalling is bad. :D

Burgh
08-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Every SINGLE ONE OF US here was a newbie to stick shift at some point in our lives. We ALL stalled a lot at first and even did that "bucking bronco" thing where the car lurches forward violently a few times. Don't sweat it man, it's not a big deal. You'll stop doing it quicker than you think.