PDA

View Full Version : PIAA's are out... What next?

SerbiaSi
03-28-2003, 12:00 AM
After four months of having them, one of my PIAA Super Plasma GTs is out. I can't say that people didn

SiR Medic
03-28-2003, 07:40 AM
You should take that bulb in to where you bought it!

They come with a one year replacement warrantee.

I assume you did not touch the glass when you first installed them.

hamproof
03-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Wear latex gloves when installing. Less chance of fingerprint smudges and grease get on the bulb.

SerbiaSi
03-28-2003, 02:10 PM
I got them over the net so I do not want to deal with all the hustle. As far as the install goes I took all the necessary measures to avoid contact... I just want to get something else... any suggestions?

silver ep
03-28-2003, 10:08 PM
try Catz, I think they are supposed to be pretty good

hamproof
03-29-2003, 06:38 AM
2 for $40-$50 w/ $10 rebate.

rgGolf4
04-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Personally, i like the best white light possible...its easier on the eyes.

Anyway, when I had my VW, I used Philips Clearvision or Osram brand (their the same). They put out the most light and cost half of what PIAA's cost. Problem is you can only get them from the UK. They also have the BlueVision and the Silverstars are for the turn signal (bulb is silver so it blends with clear headlight covers).
They are available at www.powerbulbs.com. I beleive a set of Clearvisions run about $36.00 shipped. I like them alot and am waiting for their arrival.

fyzm7357
04-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by hamproof
2 for $40-$50 w/ $10 rebate.

Second that....I have these and they work great.....

mhx
04-19-2003, 01:25 PM
last time i checked stock lights are fucking great :)
just my 2c..

lighting = waste of money

Z-49
05-13-2003, 03:37 PM
once you go HID you don't want to go anything else

digitldlnkwnt
05-31-2003, 05:24 PM
theres Brands Like Polarg and Raybrig which are real good. Ive had PIAA's and they do wax the stock bulbs...the light is so white it makes all the colors pop giving great definition.
I had a PIAA bulb blow out on me...but i think it may have gotten wet.
I would try Raybrig next or a Phillips HID conversion

02TafWhtSi
05-31-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by rgGolf4

They are available at www.powerbulbs.com. I beleive a set of Clearvisions run about $36.00 shipped. I like them alot and am waiting for their arrival.

Link doesn't work for me.... :(

SerbiaSi
05-31-2003, 09:37 PM
I got Osram Sylverstars (euro version of Sylvania Silverstars; Osram and Sylvania are the same company) from www.suvlights.com and I am very happy. They are not blue like US (Sylvania) Sylverstars but they reflect more light...

SerbiaSi
05-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Here is the explanation from their web-site...

What is the difference between the Sylvania Silverstar and the Osram Silverstar?

Osram Sylvania is one and the same company, within the US they use both Osram and Sylvania, outside the US its Osram. The Osram Silverstar is a clear bulb with Xenon gas boost to increase brightness up to 50% color is similar to standard halogen though it is slightly whiter. The Sylvania Silverstar is the same bulb but with an amethyst blue coating with 30% more light than standard halogen and 4000K light color which is comparable to Xenon/High Intensity Discharge Light Systems as seen on high end cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Porsche to name a few.

Sylvania Silverstar is currently available in 9003/H4, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007 & sealed beam sizes, the Sylvania Silverstar is the Super White (blue/grey coated) version of the Osram Silverstar (clear) which is available in H1, H4, & H7. Osram Silverstar color is slightly whiter (very slightly) than regular halogen. We also have the Narva Range Power Blue bulbs are made in Germany and DOT compliant. The Osram Silverstar is E code (ECE Reg 37) but not tested for DOT compliance (FMVSS 108) since the bulb is made for the European market, but most likely meets US DOT standards if tested. All these bulbs are stock wattage so it will not have any effect on wiring.

Brettnyt
05-31-2003, 11:27 PM
I almost picked up some silverstars today, but i decided ill save up for a window tint first.... You reccoment the bulbs? How do they look at night? sporty? I want my car to look hot but to be able to see real well too...