PDA

View Full Version : Got my new 2003 Civic Si on 3 days ago.

Tamago_Si
03-28-2003, 02:34 AM
You guys have a new family member. I finally broke down and picked up a 2003 VPB Civic Si.

So far it's a great ride. In fact I've already got put 120 miles on it ( brakes are broken in at 200 and engine at 600 ). I was wondering did you guys do anything special during the breaking period? I try to stay under 4K RPMs and I check the oil frequently but I was wondering if there are any other gotchas that I should be away of.

I'll be lurking for now but I'll eventually get some pictures up.

C.

sleepinEP3
03-28-2003, 04:44 AM
congrats:)
i made a month on Wednesday and so i celebrated today with some bronze 17" RH C2s.
i babied the hell out of mine the first 300 miles. i couldnt hold back any longer and opened it up maybe once every 100 miles after that. no problems at all, was still quiet and as smooth as the day i bought it up untill today when the rims went on. [kuhmo 711's arent the greatest]
good luck with the new investment and be sure to take care of her.[Mobil 1 is your friend;) ]

gito
03-28-2003, 05:13 AM
Yeah Congrats!!! I got mine a week ago and it has been the most beautiful experience;) Very smooth and like you, driving under 4Krpm, checking oil every fill up. Everything works perfectly so far.

One thing though, yesterday I took my Si to the Carwash and while it was going trhough the Dryer room one of the rubber/seals on the roof fell off!! First I thought I had to take it back to the dealer, but after 20min I put it back together. This rubber is held by 2 small brackets, into the roof of the car.....

Hope you enjoy your ride as much as I do:)

RiceCzechs
03-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Congrats on your new acquisition, and welcome home. I've had mine for less than 1 month and have all of 1500k on mine, and these guys have been a wealth of information. That, and it keeps you from getting lonely out on the streets out there when you don't see another EP for days at a time! *lol*. ;)

IceD out N CALI
03-28-2003, 08:27 AM
congrats on the new car. nice choice in color-welcome to the site :)

hamproof
03-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by gito

One thing though, yesterday I took my Si to the Carwash and while it was going trhough the Dryer room one of the rubber/seals on the roof fell off!! First I thought I had to take it back to the dealer, but after 20min I put it back together. This rubber is held by 2 small brackets, into the roof of the car.....

Was the *dryer* room a touchless or is it one of those that rolls all over your car to dry it?

When I got my car I found the rain gutter left of the windshield (driver side) was loose. That is also attached in 2 places only. It's like a clip and slide mechanism.

gito
03-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by hamproof

Was the *dryer* room a touchless or is it one of those that rolls all over your car to dry it?

When I got my car I found the rain gutter left of the windshield (driver side) was loose. That is also attached in 2 places only. It's like a clip and slide mechanism.

Yes was one of those touchless rooms, I guess the air was blowing way to hard!, I took it there before and it didn't fell...but I think is fine know...I hope:o

jaydub
03-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Congrats and welcome! It's not really a special thing, but my only suggestion is to watch your oil level. It seems like our Si's are notorious for drinking oil during the break in period, and even up toward 10k miles. It's not a problem, but just keep an eye on it so you don't go driving around with a low oil level.