PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have info on OEM Kit?

66elwood99
03-28-2003, 12:37 PM
I remember seeing a thread with a OEM Kit presented in the Toronto show. Does anyone have info on when it will be available and how much? Thanks

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8891&highlight=toronto+show

SiR Medic
03-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Last time I was in for servicing, my dealer mentioned they will soon have an OEM kit for the SiR...

Sounds like it is going to be a lot like the type-R kit. Unable to elaborate on that.

I take the car in on Monday for an oil change, I will enquire further then!

!@#$%
03-29-2003, 06:52 PM
yes pleassssse! find out whatever u can dig out of that crummy dealership so we can decipher what is BS and what well....at least we can read some intresting BS. :p

JoshSI
04-10-2003, 10:40 AM
You know the stupid dealerships are gonna want an outrageous price for the kit. Hopefully not though i would love a Type R style kit that fit the USDM spec bumpers perfectly. I dont want that goofy ass rectangular indentation on my bumper that the JDM style has.

fyzm7357
04-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Was there ever any info found out about this????

siver-SI
04-11-2003, 11:44 PM
I am wondering the same thing is there any word yet? My dealership is out of the loop on all most everything SI so they are no help. Most of the guys at the dealership do not even know what a Type R is.

02SilverSiHB
04-12-2003, 05:52 PM
I can't wait till it comes out. I love the kit. I think it's clean, even though some may say they don't feel that way. In fact, the front looks sooooo much like the concept Si that honda had

spoon3168
04-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I can't wait till it comes out. I love the kit. I think it's clean, even though some may say they don't feel that way. In fact, the front looks sooooo much like the concept Si that honda had
i like it too and specially the back is so nice, i call honda and they said they have no word about it:(

02SilverSiHB
04-12-2003, 07:10 PM
Here's an example as too what I was saying about the front...does anyone else see the similarities? The paint scheme may throw you off a bit, and so may the flares, but try to look at the front in each pic...looks about the same to me :) I mean, I know it's not exact, as the concept one has what looks like a bigger air damn, but the lower lip part and overall looks close...too bad they didn't make this kit for us :p
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/91car1.jpg

http://www.imgstudio.com/IMGphotos/2003/February/18/stamp_original/021820031003364.jpg

I SELL HONDAS
04-12-2003, 08:40 PM
I'll take either one, sign me up...........:p

siver-SI
04-12-2003, 09:36 PM
I have to say the more I see it the more I like it. I do not want to get a Type R kit just because I do not have a type R. I want my car to have a good look that I like and not a knock off of something JMO. I have to say I like how that kit mostly on the red ones makes the lines look. I just do not like the grill on the red one.

I SELL HONDAS
04-12-2003, 09:47 PM
But, the front bumpers are fairly clean and sanitary.JMO
rear is a little too radical for my blood...........just my .02 cents

Makross
04-13-2003, 09:20 PM
where can i get it?

02SilverSiHB
04-13-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Makross
where can i get it?
Neither are out yet. The OEM one is going to be made by Honda, so maybe www.hondaautomotiveparts.com will have it, or www.manhonda.com will have it eventually, or even the dealership

Makross
04-14-2003, 10:46 PM
yea i can see the similarities but it looks better then our usdm bumpers:mad:

02SilverSiHB
04-15-2003, 08:08 AM
yea i can see the similarities but it looks better then our usdm bumpers:mad:
actually they are both USDM aren't they :D that red one is a civic Si Concept. The fender flares help complete it I think

CleanBlackSi02
04-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

actually they are both USDM aren't they :D that red one is a civic Si Concept. The fender flares help complete it I think
The concept car doesn't have the same 5 mph bumpers that the production USDM Si has. That's what makes our EP3 look like a van. I'm still gonna save for the JDM bumpers, 'cuz that kit just isn't doin it for me.

02SilverSiHB
04-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

The concept car doesn't have the same 5 mph bumpers that the production USDM Si has. That's what makes our EP3 look like a van. I'm still gonna save for the JDM bumpers, 'cuz that kit just isn't doin it for me.
ah! I never knew :)

djsolution
04-21-2003, 11:35 PM
Just FYI, they sell the JDM CTR body kit at options auto salon (optauto.com). It looks tight, but it's pricey.

Makross
04-23-2003, 12:40 AM
you can get it cheaper somewhere else then opauto.com

02SilverSiHB
05-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

yeah, now I think I agree with you more on this. The more I see that kit, the more I hate it. I was looking at it, side by side with Type X's and the oem usdm one looks like a cheap ass version of it...except the front...which looks hideous to me now. I mean, the damn thing goes half way up the front bumper, why not just replace the whole bumper then...oh well...must start saving for jdm.

djsolution
05-02-2003, 09:27 AM
you can get it cheaper somewhere else then opauto.com

Why don't you share with us? I'd like to get my hands on a cheaper type-r kit myself. You'd do a lot more good than just mentioning that such a kit exists.

Makross
05-02-2003, 09:35 AM
try the vendor section Fizz Autosport has em for really good deal

02SilverSiHB
05-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by djsolution

Why don't you share with us? I'd like to get my hands on a cheaper type-r kit myself. You'd do a lot more good than just mentioning that such a kit exists.
also www.showstoppersusa.com or just showstoppers here on ephatch in the vender sales.

Hondawerx
05-05-2003, 11:14 PM
i know for fact Honda is releasign a FP package for the Si sometime in 03, it would be likely that they offer a kit this year too. to go with there current AERO series, which that white car looks liek it could possibly be.

ill start asking Honda USA next time i make a parts run fro stock

02SilverSiHB
05-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Hondawerx

ill start asking Honda USA next time i make a parts run fro stock
thanks man! I'll be looking forward for the update. Hopefully they do something with the front and rear lips...they just don't flow that well.

66elwood99
05-27-2003, 06:45 AM
Any word Yet? I thought Honda stated the kit would be out in April and here we are the end of May and "No Word ?"
My dealership has no clue.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I have small front end damge and I want to get the kit , so I can get all done at the same time.
;)

02SilverSiHB
05-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 66elwood99
Any word Yet? I thought Honda stated the kit would be out in April and here we are the end of May and "No Word ?"
My dealership has no clue.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I have small front end damge and I want to get the kit , so I can get all done at the same time.
;)
try calling honda themselves to see what they say.

StrangeShadow
05-29-2003, 12:11 AM
. Most of the guys at the dealership do not even know what a Type R is.
lol
non of the pics are working, cept for the red concept one, I like the sides of the concept, gives it a wide body look, would look great really dropped.

02SilverSiHB
05-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

lol
non of the pics are working, cept for the red concept one, I like the sides of the concept, gives it a wide body look, would look great really dropped.
strange, I guess the site that is hosting the pics is down, or smooth operator, I think he's the one with the pics, got rid of them