PDA

View Full Version : any way to make the drivers seat go farther back?

siver-SI
03-28-2003, 06:48 PM
I am just wondeirng since I do not ever have anyone in the back seat is there a way to adjust my seat to go farther back that what stock is? I like my stock seats but if I could make the seat go about 2 inches more back I would be a very happy camper. I am not uncomfortable in the car it is just when I do a lot of shifting my leg gets a little tired. I have a 36" inseam in the leg so I love leg room.

Thanks

paralysis
03-28-2003, 08:34 PM
I used to work at an upholster shop and I made brackets to bolt into the original spot in the floor and the other bolted to the seat that used all of the original mounting on all 4 corners of the seat. It moved the seat back 2 1/2" if I remember right. You may be able to find a place that can do that.

SIxtasy
03-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Hey man I feel your pain. I have been wanting to lower/move back my seat since I got the car but haven't had time to make the brackets. In fact I've been tryin to find RSX seats since I've been so busy lately, but no luck. Anyway, I'm probably going to get on those brackets within the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know when I'm done. We could meet up so you could see what its like. Laterz yo'

- jeffrey :eek:

siver-SI
03-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Thanks. All I want is to get it back but not to lower. I do not know how hard they are to make but if they are not could you send a pic or a diogram of the braket just to allow the seat to go back more? I have a small shop were I might be able to make them or if you want I could maybe pay you to make them if the price is good.

Thanks again I might have to see what they look like.

Jpax
03-29-2003, 08:21 AM
Hey Buy one of these and you should fit in it allright, I can see the domino' s pit crew comming better Run.....

http://www.jarrettracing.com/images/ARCA%20DQ%202002/ARCADQ2002JJ12L.jpg

;) :D

siver-SI
03-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Now that is what I would like to get on the dino. About 750 hp in that baby. I should ask Jason's team owner now that I drive a stick daily can I take on of her cars out for a spin. LOL I just hope Jason will not mind. I have to say a EP can never make you get the rush when I am in the garage with that car and they are reving the enigne about 7000+ RPMs and you are not even a foot way from the exsust. Man it is loud when you are in the garage but it is well worth it. Hay maybe if I get a turbo on my EP I can even get a better rush going.