PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Coupe

NewCar
03-28-2003, 09:55 PM
The honda accord coupe, the 4 cyclinder one is 160 hp as well. Do any of ya'll know which is faster compared to the 2002/2003 si?

crex2nr
03-28-2003, 10:54 PM
well they just brought out the accord v6 coupe with a six speed , i just saw it this week and it has 240 hp

Suk02Si
03-29-2003, 04:44 AM
when i was riding in BlackJDMep's car a new 6 speed accord was toying with us:(

He down shifted into fourth and chirped while we down shifted to second and still couldn't keep up.

George Knighton
03-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by NewCar
The honda accord coupe, the 4 cyclinder one is 160 hp as well. Do any of ya'll know which is faster compared to the 2002/2003 si?

The 4 cylinder Accord motor is the K24 motor, not the K20.

That's an interesting question you've posed. The Accord will have more torque off the line, but I suspect the EP3's gear ratios are better.

Neither car has an LSD.

That's an interesting question!

blueiedgod
03-29-2003, 01:55 PM
I test drove the 03 accord ex with manual (4 cylinder) it has very nice feel about it. Feels like a 96 accord V6, a friend had. similar pick up, very comfortable seats, lots of head and leg room. as far as pick up, it is heavier than Si, but it has 160 ft.lbs of torque. Any thing is possible with a good driver. I raced an 03 accord coupe V6, auto this morning and got away in third. he may have had an advantage while i was in 1st and second (I have to remember to shift earlier with these K-series engines), but I gained and passed in third. Had it been a manual V6 accord, god know how it would have turned out.
Acura TSX is a better accord anyways, it is Accord Type R afterall.

ortedd
03-29-2003, 02:02 PM
How much more does it weight? I would like to guess that the si is going to be faster then the accord coupe with the 4 cylinder engine. . .

blueiedgod
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Accord Type R (TSX in US) is much smaller than USDM accord. it is the same as european/japanese accords

SBC31
04-01-2003, 08:09 AM
Shouldn't this be in Off-Topic.....gotta love some of these moderators.....oh wait, I'm one of them. Unfortunately, I'm down to only 2 sections, and this isn't one of them.

SiR Medic
04-01-2003, 08:36 AM
In a recent comparison test... Car and Driver test drove 4 cylinder sedans. The Accord won(naturally).

Its acceleration times are just about spot-on with the Si. Skidpad and slalom times were nowhere near the Si however.

Another thing to remember, is that to get the Accord coupe you are looking at paying a few thousand dollars more.

Also remember that the base Accord coupe doesn't come with sunroof, rear disc brakes, EBD, alloy wheels, or some other cool goodies.

I'd get the Accord EX, which gives you this stuff, plus an in-dash CD changer, steering wheel controls, and nicer interior trim.

Trouble is, the Accord Coupe EX starts at $21,700 U.S. or $28,700 in Canada(w/leather). That's more than a few bucks more than the Si, which you could probably get for $16K-$17.

I pondered the Accord coupe myself, but the SiR is a lot more fun, and cheaper!:D