PDA

View Full Version : old school or new school?

midas
03-28-2003, 10:43 PM
i just got into the honda world, by buying my Si (which i am so stoked on), after driving a VW GTi for 8 years. for me the Si was a perfect choice for making the switch away from german cars while keeping performance, less cost and hopefully reliabilty:eek:

have you guys been into hondas for awhile? i guess what i'm asking is what is the reaction to the new Si with serious honda tuner crowd who have been around awhile? whos buying this car?

like for me i would love to have the new vw Gti 6 speed 240 hp so i would think the Si would have that appeal ....???

crex2nr
03-28-2003, 10:57 PM
as for me ive had hondas, 3 crxsi's and one civic si hatchback(91) before i got my 02 si. i love them and i cant wait to do some more mods. enjoy the car because its absolutely fun :)

George Knighton
03-29-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by midas
have you guys been into hondas for awhile? i guess what i'm asking is what is the reaction to the new Si with serious honda tuner crowd who have been around awhile? whos buying this car?

It's no secret the EP3 was aimed at 20-something males, but I don't think it's necessarily working out that way.

I saw a fifty-something guy and his wife out in one just the other day.

My Honda history:

'89 DX hatch (commuter car that started it all)

'92 Si

'98 GS-R (loved the Si, but they didn't make it anymore)

'00 ITR #110 (still have it...track car, now, mostly)

'02 EP3

Lots of other cars, too, but that's my Honda history.

I think the EP3 is garnering some serious interest among the serious Honda people, to answer your question.

Jack Harris, Honda Challenge H1 champ last year, owns an EP3.

Corey Jacobs, Honda Challenge H2 champ last year, has had fun in mine more than once.

You can also see from the Spoon and Mugen street project cars and racing programmes that it's going to be a vehicle of interst for the next couple of years.

I can't explain the interest.

The chassis is not as refined as the ITR, and the ABS and it's brake balancing act basically sucks...but it's just a neat, cheap little car with a lot of neat features, and I'm sure you'll see a lot of development on this chassis.

George Knighton
03-29-2003, 06:49 AM
Oh, yeah...

There will be at least two EP3 being used as instructor cars at this year's ITR Expo, 12-13 April at Beaver Run, PA.

:)