PDA

View Full Version : tirerack.com do they have good rims?

siver-SI
03-28-2003, 11:22 PM
I am just wondering I have been looking at their site and I love the option of having my car there and to look at the diffrent rims. What I am wondering do they have good rims? I want a set that does not have the weights to the outside of the rim so they have the same look like the OE rims but I am looking at a few diffrent design ideas. I just do not want to put a heavier rim on. I was wondering what you all though of their lines. I am looking to get 17" rims this summer.

Thanks

ssvr6
03-29-2003, 06:03 AM
The weights are put on by whoever mounts and balances them. Just specify to have them put on the inside.

As for good wheels, yes, with wheels like BBS, OZ, and SSR. They also carry some "cheaper" wheels as well. If you're looking for REALLY cheap wheels check out www.wheelmax.com.

Steve

siver-SI
03-29-2003, 07:21 AM
I want quality over price. I do not need some $500 to $600 rims but I am looking to stay in the $200 to $400 range a rim. I just want to get my EP looking good with some 17" rims this summer. Thanks

padelong si
03-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Try out these sites.
http://www.wheelmax.com
http://www.victoriatire.com
I ordered my wheels from victoriatire today.
here is the pic.The wheels are Kaizer PHX II I got them for 1459.10 shipped with Hankook 215/35-18 tires.I know it is to much bling but i like chrome and thease are the closes wheels i found to the KMC FLOSS.

SHAKEnBAKE
03-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Dayum, looks like escalade wheels. Wonder how it looks on the EP.:rolleyes:

Bling bling:cool:

minimay7
03-30-2003, 06:24 PM
I think Tirerack's reputation is pretty up there... I dont' know anyone who has complained about their service yet.

My recommendation would be Competition from SSR. I think it's in your price range. Their semi-forging is proven light and strong.

It's actually my second choice for my Si. I wish Tirerack would sell Volk wheels...SE37k... yummy... But, they don't....

Well, let us know how your wheel shopping works out.

IceD out N CALI
03-30-2003, 09:16 PM
tirerack is a good place to start. they have a decent selection of mainstream wheels that everybody else has but look around at other sites, and wheel shops. that way u get a good idea of not only of what is out there, but how wheels look in person against the car not just in computer pics;)