PDA

View Full Version : OEM Foglight + Rock = No Good

r3p00c
03-29-2003, 09:26 AM
So the winter weather took its toll on my car. I was givin my car its weekly washing/waxing/de-bugging yesterday when I noticed it.. big ol' crack in the lens of one of my OEM foglights. It doesn't look like its getting moisture inside, and its not messing up the beam pattern at all, so I guess its OK for now... still pisses me off though. I'm gonna see if I can get a replacement for just the lens, rather than buy the whole freakin' housing. Hopefully we won't have a winter like we just did for awhile now... it got its share of chips to go along with that cracked lens as it is. :mad:

Spidey
03-29-2003, 10:49 AM
yeah i like look of the driving lights but I learned my lesson with my last car.

SiRRider
03-29-2003, 08:27 PM
My last car was full of chips dents and cracks and I blame it all on our winters. Canadian winters are the worst.

crex2nr
03-29-2003, 08:42 PM
im glad we didnt have that rough of a winter here, my fog lamps are still intact. but i know what its like to have cracked lenses, that sucks ass!

Suk02Si
03-30-2003, 04:28 AM
winter? what's that?:D

crex2nr
03-30-2003, 07:28 AM
yes,it sucks(inter that is) but we have to endure it due to geographical locations. i know i wasnt blessed with being in the sunshine state or cali for that matter, but that still doesnt deter me from driving my car. rain, sleet, hail or snow will not stop me from utter bliss when i drive my SI!!!!!!! :p

Loudpedal
03-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Next winter perhaps we should have a post with pics of our EP's in the most insane winter settings. This year I've had my car covered in a half inch of frozen rain, drenched in road salt (turned my black car grey), and had it covered by at least a foot of snow (so much you could not tell what kind of car it was).

As for the stone chips, I went with this 3M vinyl film stuff that protects the first 12 inches of leading edge metal (hood and front fenders). No chips or dints to speak of.

SiRRider
03-30-2003, 12:25 PM
Loudpedal that sounds like a plan. I could have tonnes of crazy pics of my car full of everything.

Suk02Si
03-30-2003, 07:44 PM
:o ;)

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8840&highlight=winter

chunky
03-30-2003, 10:59 PM
got warranty?

if they were on your car when you bought it, the dealership should replace it under warranty. they're supposed to resist cracking from hitting a rock - kinda like your headlights.

r3p00c
03-31-2003, 05:02 AM
Yeah, I had them put on before I picked it up.... I'll have to check on that. I didn't think about trying it because its pretty much a road hazard, but I suppose its worth a try. I'll get ahold of my dealership today and see what they can do.

sonic imperial
03-31-2003, 01:43 PM
I wish they made something for the windshield. I just got my first 2 rock chips saturday afternoon, and I wasn't following anyone very closely either, but it just pinged the glass and put two noticeable chips in there. The past 3 new cars I've owned have gotten rock chips in the windshield and front end, it's just inevitable and you can't keep 'em perfect if you drive them everyday like I do.

r3p00c
04-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Just went in for an oil change, and had the service department look at the foglight. Its obviously more than a tiny fracture... I'm now getting moisture inside the housing. He took one look at it and said "oh yeah, no problem... thats covered".... so it looks like i'm getting a free replacement foglight!

Anyone who has this, keep this in mind if you get a cracked lens... it definitely saves you from going out and buying a $200 replacement. Also, you can't replace just the lens on this unit, the whole thing needs replaced.