PDA

View Full Version : hi flow cat/warranty

EATMYDUST
03-29-2003, 03:12 PM
i was just wondering if a hi flow cat would void my warranty.

SOUTHPAW
03-29-2003, 06:53 PM
The Honda dealership that I got my car from said it wouldn't. The only thing it'll foul up is emissions, but being from PA like me that doesn't really matter.

robscar
03-29-2003, 07:07 PM
you may have noticed that pa is by court order supposed to have i/m guidelines established by sept of 03. of course that is still subject to appeal and debate in the legislature. the end result is that i/m is coming to a neighborhood near you.

SOUTHPAW
03-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Their's already some townships that have them. If you have to have an emmisions test and you fail, all you have to do(for now atleast) is pay like $10.00 or 20.00 dollars and you pass your inspection.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Shouldnt void your warranty BUT you better have a good excuse ready as to why it was replaced because i beleive it is ILLEGAL to replace your cat before 50k? miles.

Just say you hopped a curb and damaged the stock piece or something.

EATMYDUST
03-30-2003, 07:04 PM
well i already have the hks cat back and i am ready to order a dc sport or comptec header and all i am going to need to have my whole exhaust opened up is a hi flow cat. so i really should go with one regaurdless or all i put into my exhaust so far is pretty much pointless right???