PDA

View Full Version : sensor trip when cornering

isaac biggin
03-29-2003, 10:10 PM
O.K guys here is one for you.My car is acting really weird.Every time (well almost)I go around a hair pin corner I.e. geting on a freeway on ramp,My engine senser error light comes on and my rev limiter kicks in at 4000 rpm.Then i have to disconnect my battery cable to clear the fault.It all started when i put the aem cold air in...................Any idea's:eek: :'(

chunky
03-29-2003, 10:12 PM
most common culprit - low engine oil level.

check it. check it now!

isaac biggin
03-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Thank you chunky for your imput.I checked my oil and it was low.I have not had a chance to road test it yet.Is it just me or do the hi rev's that this car likes vaporize the oil fast.I drive fairly easy on the car,don't get me wrong i like to have fun sometimes,but i've had to add two quarts of oil.it dosen't leak or burn it.......I'm an aircraft mechanic so i pay close atention to things but..........

glw
03-30-2003, 05:12 PM
i've added 4 quarts in 500 miles. i don't know where it goes... no drips and no smoke. maybe the k block is a big sponge or somethin' :eek: :D

chunky
03-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by glw
i've added 4 quarts in 500 miles. i don't know where it goes... no drips and no smoke. maybe the k block is a big sponge or somethin' :eek: :D

holy shit. go to a dealership, and tell them that. there is something seriously wrong with your motor if it ate 4 qts in 500 miles, even 500 race miles. . .. . .

if your car consumes more than 1qt of oil every 3000 miles, it's considered a "problem" instead of routine checkup.

glw
03-30-2003, 11:18 PM
bad typing... 5000 miles. i'm taking it in to the dealer for an oil filter change (already replaced most of the oil ;) ) and plan on getting them to check it out.

NXK20
03-31-2003, 11:41 AM
If your car is brand new it's going to use some oil until the rings seat good. Mine did that before 5k miles and then stopped. If it keeps on doing it I would get it checked though.