PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Sportline questions/concerns

anjapower
03-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I searched and read many of the EP lowering related threads. It seems that the general consensus for a rather mild drop that retains stock ride characteristics, is Eibach Sportline.

I want to know however:

1. I live in NE Massachusetts, and my Si is a daily driver. Will this drop be too much of a problem in the snow? How are you Canadian drivers faring with the Sportlines?

2. The roads here are horrible, but I try my best to avoid potholes, bumps, etc. I want to try and delay buying shocks as long as possible, so will this purchase give me some leeway, since they are supposed to be relatively mild?

3. Regarding camber issues: Some say that the camber isn't that bad, but others say a camber kit will be needed? What's the final verdict, if I can get one?

4. I am confused about camber/alignment. Will getting an alignment rid me of uneven tire wear? Is a camber kit needed if one gets an alignment?

fsugatorbait
03-30-2003, 05:16 PM
I was debating over getting the sportlines and the tein springs...went with the teins and couldnt be happier. About the same drop but the Tein's are much less and IMO the same if not better quality. Didnt notice a difference in the ride compared to stock. As far as a camber kit goes, I went with just a rear kit. The front was adjusted within factory spec but for apprx. $12 a side I think illl end up getting them so they can be adjusted to 0 degrees...just a little anal about things like that. Whatever spring you get im sure you'll be happy, but for the price and name I went Tein.

pimp02
03-31-2003, 04:14 AM
anybody got pic of there si whith eibach sportlines.thats what i ordered.so i need camber kit eh?

word...booty
03-31-2003, 07:57 PM
anjapower,

I live near Toronto and I didn't have any problem with the Sportline drop this past winter. I've had the springs in since last August and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the factory shocks.

One thing that has bothered me about the Sportlines is that there is a noticable difference between the drop in the front and the drop in the rear. I don't know if this is just my car, but the rear seems lower than the front. Any one else with Sportlines have this problem?

FACTION95Si
04-01-2003, 10:05 AM
The springs causing the car to squat or sag in the back is the main reason why I'm not getting springs right now. I had Neuspeed Sport spings in my 99 Si that had the same problem. The look of my car squatting bugged me so much that I sold the springs and bought some Ground Controls. I could then dial in whatever height I wanted.

fsugatorbait
04-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Id recommend getting the Tein, front drop is listed at 1.5, rear is 1.4.

todaCspec
04-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by word...booty
One thing that has bothered me about the Sportlines is that there is a noticable difference between the drop in the front and the drop in the rear. I don't know if this is just my car, but the rear seems lower than the front. Any one else with Sportlines have this problem? [/B]

That is the problem w/Eibach springs in general. Pro-kit and Sportline are like that, even for the previous civic's. The drop for the 02+ SI is 1.4 front/1.5 rear. Where as Neuspeed & H&R are evenly dropped front and back.

anjapower
04-01-2003, 01:46 PM
todaCspec..so what would your recommend?

chunky
04-01-2003, 02:01 PM
remember, there is also less fender clearance on our cars in the rear v.s. the front.

to check that the drop is what the maker promises, measure the distance from the fender to the hub of the wheel before and after the springs are installed.