PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Experienced Running Exel Rims

labelhunter
03-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Wheelmax has these rims and they are cheap. Has anyone ever bought these. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Hatch, Si Hatch
03-30-2003, 08:44 PM
I bought a set of 18" Exels from Wheelmax. They seem pretty good, I've only had them on the car for a few weeks. They definitly aren't racing wheels, they are pretty heavy. One think that I don't like about my particular set is the lug nut and key combo. The lugs are solid and the key fits around them inside the holes in the wheels, its a pretty tight fit so when I put them on the key striped some of the paint from inside the holes, not very noticable, but still annoying. The model # is in my sig...I think it is DL-46, they have a nice finish to them, I got the gunmetal ones.

labelhunter
03-31-2003, 05:18 AM
For 18" How much would you say they weigh like 22lbs? I want to get 17's dont want to go to much over 20lbs. Thanks

esmith13
03-31-2003, 06:28 AM
I got the Exel GT-7 in gummetal.

The wheels hold up VERY well on bad streets. No dents or otherwise yet (had them 6mos. now).

Got them pre mounted and balanced. Wheel and tire combo was 2 lbs. lighter than stock wheel and tire combo, using a shitty bathroom scale to weigh both.

Not sure how accurate that is, but at least i know I didn't add weight in general.

Eric

Hatch, Si Hatch
03-31-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by labelhunter
For 18" How much would you say they weigh like 22lbs? I want to get 17's dont want to go to much over 20lbs. Thanks

I would say the 18's I got are over 20lbs a piece...maybe even close to 25lbs. I weighed them on a bathroom scale also and with the tires they were close to 50lbs, I will have to weigh my stockers on the same scale because I'm sure it wasn't very accurate.

labelhunter
04-01-2003, 05:16 AM
What size gt 7's did you get esmith13? Hearing you guys replys i may go ahead and get them. They have racing harts replicas for 300 dollars less. i just didnt want some heavy ass wheel on my car. Thanks

esmith13
04-01-2003, 05:54 AM
I got 17" with Hankook VENTUS tires in 215/40R17.

Mounted and balanced wheel/tire was about 2lbs lighter than stock wheel/tire.

If you get them, watch out... The spoke pattern sticks out past the lip about .5".

I slid into a curb this winter and scraped the anthracite right off both rims on that side fairly bad!!

My next set of wheels is DEFINATELY going to have an inset spoke pattern.....

Eric.

labelhunter
04-01-2003, 10:59 AM
How are those tires. I never heard of them. Im thinking i may get theses wheels soon. The H 50 in hyper black. i have a black ep.

esmith13
04-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Mine is black as well, I got my GT-7s in Gunmetal...

The hankook tires are sticky enough for an EP w/o any MAJOR HP boosts (wouldn't put them on a car with a turbo).

The reason I got them was WheelMax gives you a choice of 3 or 4 tire brands for their packages, and the Hankooks have the longest tread life and best warranty.

They also came reccomended by a friend that had a '92 Mustang LX 5.0 as "Really Good Street Tires".

So that's what I got....

Let's put it this way, I have a helluva time tryin' to chirp first gear and second gear is a no go at all....

There sticky enough for me.....

Eric