PDA

View Full Version : Cost of having something painted?

vtec24
03-30-2003, 01:51 PM
I was just curious if anyone could give me a rough estimate on how much it would cost to have a body kit (front bumper, rear bumper, 2 side skirts) and a spoiler painted. Also, should I have the honda shop to do it or will they rape me with the price. I just have a hard time trusting these little side shops. Any info would help.

Thanks,
Josh

CaptainMurphy
03-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Ask around. It couldn't hurt to call the honda dealership and ask them how much they charge. And if you have any friends with body kits, ask them if they'd recommend the place they went to.

Type X
03-30-2003, 04:45 PM
depends on the shop and the quality of work

my friend just paid about 700 bux for his ENTIRE car to be painted
and i just saw it and its ok

where as i just paid 1000 for my kit to be painted and mounted and its showroom quality ;)

napapacoda
03-30-2003, 08:55 PM
my local honda dealer sucks at painting. I would ask around your town everyone you know and eventually you'll find a quality shop.

JruSi02
03-31-2003, 05:33 AM
i saw a commercial for maaco and they charge $500 for the whole car to be painted so im sure it'll be cheaper for just bumpers and side skirts and they're a pretty big company so im sure they'd do a good job but who knows

Type X
03-31-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by JruSi02
i saw a commercial for maaco and they charge $500 for the whole car to be painted so im sure it'll be cheaper for just bumpers and side skirts and they're a pretty big company so im sure they'd do a good job but who knows

maaco = the devil. . . .

and if u get the "500 dollar special"
you have to pay extra for door jams, trunk etc etc PLUS if u have body damage u have to pay for that :(

unless u KNOW someone that has gone to your local one
dont go
the ones here = good for beater jobs
but on a 2002 car
HELLZ NO

chet
03-31-2003, 09:21 AM
You definitely want to find a reputable body shop. Doesn't necessarily need to be an import tuner shop at all or a freakin Honda dealer for that matter.

Dealers=the Devil. Around here anyway.

Chrisbgft
03-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Okay, well here is an idea. Go to a paint store and buy your own paint. Then ask around to body shops to see what kind of price they would charge to paint it. One of my friends did this. U can see his car in the midwest forum. The thread is "just got my car painted". He got a his kit painted mounted and balanced and his whole car painted for $550. he went to Macco. They actually did a DECENT job. There are a few runs in the paint and a few fisheyes. For the money, its AWESOME...lol. Check it out and decide for yourself.