PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances? Very unfamiliar with Nitrous

vtec24
03-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok, I've been doing alot of research about Nitrous and I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a kit...but I have a couple MAJOR concerns.

What are the chances of the bottle exploding, overheating, blowing my car right out of the garage? I've seen some pretty bad pictures of cars getting messed up from a nitrous bottle blowing up.

Anyhow, I only plan to run a 50 to 65 shot....nothing too serious. Also, I would probably only use it very rarely, therefore, would I be able to remove the bottle when I don't intend to use it?

And lets say I'm rear ended by someone when I have the bottle in the back....am I going to be blown to shreds if the bottle is in anyway damaged or comes disconnected?

These are just some of my concerns....maybe you guys can teach me a thing or two. Hell, maybe I'll just wait for a turbo! :p

Thanks,
Josh

NXK20
03-30-2003, 08:16 PM
if the bottle does get to hot and the pressure gets up too much there is a releif valve on the bottle that bleeds the pressure off. It won't just blow up. About getting rearended, I really don't know what would happen, but nitrous is not flammable so I don't think it would do anything. And yes you can unhook the bottle at any time.