PDA

View Full Version : honda touch up paint?

wtfOO
03-30-2003, 09:03 PM
is the honda touch up paint good for scratches? i have some scratches on the front bumper from rocks driving down the freeway all the time. is the little bottle they sell at honda any good? they arent that deep so im just wondering. i dont want it to look really ugly or anything or notice the paint touch up. btw, i have a silver si. thanks.

AkronSi
03-31-2003, 06:57 AM
I don't know about the silver, but I just used the black on my girlfriends car, and it looks pretty good. I used a toothpick to apply the paint, instead of that brush. I still have to do some wet-sanding....but at this point the match seems really good.

You could always go to an automotive refinishing supply store and have them mix you up a custom batch of paint.

Either way, it will probably take a little more work than just dabbing the paint on.

BlasTech
03-31-2003, 08:24 AM
I used some Vogue Metallic Silver touch up on my EK hatch bumper, and though it looks better than black, I could not get it to smooth out, so instead of a black scratch, I have a lumpy silver area, which is an improvement.

Id say the Honda touch-up is fine for small areas, but not anything spanning more than 1/4" in all four directions. Just small scratches or spots.

MiniMiniVan
04-01-2003, 05:31 PM
I have silver too. I used it on my roof.(forgot to pay the choping arm at the parking garage:( ) Its only noticeable up close because there is no clear coat. You can get generic clear coat at autoparts stores, or just use paint sealant and alot of wax. If the scratches aren't past the paint just use paint sealant. It will fill-in the scratches like new;)

wtfOO
04-01-2003, 09:09 PM
thanks, yea, i got a couple, its to the black. so i think its pretty deep. its not like long, just circular, from rocks..and one i think its from the license plate holder. cuz its around that area in a circle. but yea, ill try out that paint. hopefully it wont look too stupid or out of place.

JLannoo
04-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by wtfOO
hopefully it wont look too stupid or out of place.

I have a Satin Silver Metallic Si as well,and was surprised by how well the Honda touchup paint matches. Just take your time.

icegrill
04-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Yeah what the hell is with our license plate holder rubbing away the paint on the right side. I bought some of those little clear rubber circles and put them on the plate frame to keep it from touching the paint.

BlackNRedSi
04-15-2003, 06:29 AM
This is what I used....

sat down and put on the Mothers scratch remover...applied it, did that maybe 4 times...after the aplication of mothers was done, then i lightly used the touch up paint...did not gue it on....while the paint was settling down on the car scratch...i took a blow dryer, put it on light (dont put it on hot) and lightly went over the paint where the scratch was....it seemed to work great, almost no show of a scratch....

now i had a minor scratch, if yours is long and or deep, be real careful if u use my steps....

Eric

AkronSi
04-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
Yeah what the hell is with our license plate holder rubbing away the paint on the right side. I bought some of those little clear rubber circles and put them on the plate frame to keep it from touching the paint.

Just take the plate off. That's what I did and it looks much better. Who cares if it's illegal :D

icegrill
04-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by AkronSi

Just take the plate off. That's what I did and it looks much better. Who cares if it's illegal :D

I always used to roll with no front plate until I got pulled over 3 different times. It's just one more things to make cops suspicious of a tinted, lowered, whip;)

napapacoda
05-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew when you should use touch up paint when considering to clean/polish/wax your car. I was unsure if I should use touch up paint before or after?

Also, whats the deal with wetsanding? I seem very scared to put sandpaper on my car, no matter what grit it is.

EPHatchgirl
05-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
I had the same thing happen. I ended up getting the grilletech grille for the bottom grill and zip tying the plate to that, bent up. Looks like a little euro plate and the bumper looks a lot better... still have to fill in the paint hole in my bumper though....:(

Draw7Seven
09-06-2010, 08:44 PM
FUCK THE FRONT PLATE, if you care that it scratchs under it, or use some rubber compound OR TAKE IT OFF

So uh. What do you need all these posts for?