PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What would you guys do?

n8s si
03-31-2003, 08:01 PM
Ok I'll make this a quick as possible.
I had a choice of 2 silver ep's when i got my car. I chose the one with less miles. When i was taking delivery i noticed the body panels on the drivers side didnt come close to lining up. The salesman said it was a 1 day fix & I'd have my car back the same day whenever i brought it in. So instead of just choosing the other ep i took his advice. the rest I'll use a list for:
1. Dropped it off & an entire week and a half went buy with no phone calls.
2. Went for a surprise visit & the service lady said "you cannot see your car"
3. Drove to the bodyshop & there she was totally repainted on the drivers side & still in pieces.
4. 5 days later i got my car back & the problem hadnt been fixed. They threw in the extended warr. for my trouble.
5. They had also scratched my d. side door across the top & mis-alighned my hood, so I had to take it back to get those fixed.
6 They fixed the hood & rubbed out the scratch but still didnt correct the fender.
7. Took it back again & they actually bent the fender to match up, but over bent it, & to compensate they bondo'd it. They also didnt sand it down good enough b4 they painted & the paint was lumpy. The silver didnt match either & there was yet another 4" scratch down the drivers side door.
8) I didnt except it back this time & continued to drive their rental car for 2 MORE WEEKS while they waited for a new fender & to fix the new scratches.
9) I forgot something in the glove box, so i turned around & saw my car at the light going back to the body shop. I pulled a u-turn & when the light turned green the kid driving totally ripped on her! I couldnt keep up with my car at all. I instantly hopped on my cell & got the service manager on the phone. He was speechless & apologetic.
9. Today i went to get it & the fender looks great "all better" BUT they put the black housing on the outside & not the inside (rattling like a mother f'er) & they put more scratches on the door. (diff spot this time) & the molding on the drivers side of the windshield is totally coming off. Im going back 2mar to have a meeting with the Sales manager, service manager, body shop manager, & the general manager.

What would you guys do? I need some advice

sorry about the longest post in ep history... its unfortunately a long story
:(

Loudpedal
03-31-2003, 08:10 PM
totally repainted for a panel adjustment??? Sounds like it might be time to consult/retain some legal representation. Screw softball, take it right to hardball.

cease
03-31-2003, 08:10 PM
how long have you had the car?

IceD out N CALI
03-31-2003, 08:14 PM
that is redickalous. they need to give u another EP, and free oil changes on that EP as long as u own it

cease
03-31-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
that is redickalous. they need to give u another EP, and free oil changes on that EP as long as u own it

yeah get the free oil changes:D

but really hire an attorney

n8s si
03-31-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by cease
how long have you had the car?
Since jan 3rd. Ive only driven the car a month & a half total out of the 3 ive owned her. the rest of the time they've had it.
they still have the other 02 silver but it also has little bumper damage & scuff on the pass side door from test drivers. Im kinda wanting another one at this point. think its hopeless?

IceD out N CALI
03-31-2003, 09:12 PM
you might want to hire an attorney, but maybe u can make them an offer and say hey "give me a brand new 03, and we can call it even"

icegrill
03-31-2003, 10:01 PM
I can relate with how you feel. I won't go into detail, but when I got my silver si in Dec. with 25 miles there was a crack in the paint under the fender that I didn't notice until I got home 400 miles away. I'm still dealing with the bodyshop where I had the paint repaired. It kills you to already have paintwork on a "new" car. The thing with 02' Si's is they had been sitting on the lot for about 5 months before we got a good deal on them in the winter. Most likely they won't get you a new car, but you must demand that they REPLACE ANY PART THAT WAS DAMAGED BY THEM, Being a trim piece or whole fender. Say you want it like new. Write a business letter to the owner of the dealership. Call American Honda (very helpful). This should help you get results. Good luck, let us know the outcome.

n8s si
03-31-2003, 10:10 PM
I called american honda & they said its not hondas fault, its the dealers & its between us to solve the problem. I cant blame them for that. Its not their fault at all. I just dont think painting a car 5 times for something i was promised would be a two hour job is right. Come on... 5 times? what happens this time? more scratches? more probs? Makes me sick.:confused:

SiR Medic
03-31-2003, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a classic case of the "lemon law"

Tell them you are through with their bullshit and tell them to get you a new car... Or you talk to an attorney.

As it is... The resale on your car is crap considering the amount of bondo and repainting its been through.