PDA

View Full Version : Settling In???

team ERA 5
03-31-2003, 10:02 PM
i had my springs on my car for like 2 weeks now...THE NEUSPEED RACE SPRINGS!!! AND FOR SOME REASON my car is low but not as low as i expected it too be...I DONT EVEN SCRAP NOT THAT I WANT TOO!! BUT YEA i measured my wheel gap before I DID THIS POST AND I MEASURED 1 INCH all around...WILL IT GET LOWER over time!!! CUZ IM HOPING A LIL...CUZ IT STILL DOESNT LOOKS LIKE A RACE DROP!! AND YES THE PART NUMBER IS RITE...I CHECKED LIKE 10 TIMES THANKS AGAIN IF ANYONE COULD HELP...how long should i wait for it too show me its real height..??

Suk02Si
03-31-2003, 10:39 PM
They may not be installed correctly. Maybe the springs were installed upside down? or the way the upper hat was reassebled was wrong. How may fingers can you fit between the top of the tire and fender? When I had the race springs I could only fit two fingers after the install and one finger after it settled.

Race Drop

IceD out N CALI
03-31-2003, 11:15 PM
the race drop should be about a 1 finger. after 2 weeks they should definitely have 'settled in'

team ERA 5
03-31-2003, 11:15 PM
OH OKAY I COULD FIT 2 FINGERS but i have small skinnny fingers....HOW LONG DO U THINK ILL TAKE FOR IT TOO SETTLE????

IceD out N CALI
03-31-2003, 11:17 PM
after 2 weeks it should definitely have settled

ApexinSi
04-01-2003, 10:07 AM
LAY OFF THE CAPS...sounds like a yelling mexican.

rswbrixton
04-01-2003, 06:10 PM
After nearly 2 weeks on my Neuspeed Race im at 1 finger gap .

Jpax
04-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by ApexinSi

You want a yelling mexican, I'll Fucking yell at you. :rolleyes:

bmx269
04-02-2003, 10:09 AM
I have Neuspeed Race springs. PaX and I installed them, and doing so we know there is NO way to install them upside down. The springs are different sizes on each end, made to fit the holders. Here is a picture of my drop after 1 month.
http://www.digitalgumball.com/ephatch/bmx269/drop.jpg

Suk02Si
04-02-2003, 08:51 PM
yeah that's why I asked if they were upside down; it wouldn't be sitting in the cup, it would be sitting just about 1" above it on the shoulder.

:)

02SilverSiHB
04-02-2003, 11:19 PM
I absolutely hate comments like that...

Anyway, from what I've read on the internet (ah yes the trusty internet), there really is no such thing as settling in.... I used to think there was.

I hope you installed those springs right, so it doesn't look anywhere as low as the pics posted?
Maybe you received the sports and not the race version of neuspeed?

chet
04-02-2003, 11:27 PM

I was wondering how he heard the accent?? Personally it sounded a little Malaysian-Jamaican to me, but hey, I am half Korean/ half white boy. . .what do I know.

hamproof
04-03-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by chet

I was wondering how he heard the accent?? Personally it sounded a little Malaysian-Jamaican to me, but hey, I am half Korean/ half white boy. . .what do I know.

Where does Malaysian get thrown in the mix with Jamaican??

Anyway, looking at BMX's car photo, are you sure it is a 1 finger gap?? I think I can fit like 3 fingers in there.

esmith13
04-03-2003, 07:55 AM
We can solve the settling in issue easy...

I get my Neuspeed Race springs installed Saturday morning.

If you all think it is helpful, I can take measurements before it is driven, and every day or two (or couple days) there after, and we can see if there is any difference...

Any1 think this is a helpful idea??

If so, lemme know, and tell me if inches, millimeters, or "fingers" is the preferred measurement (or all of them).

I got a good Digital Camera and my Si is my daily driver, so it can be as detailed as you need it to be.

Eric

bmx269
04-03-2003, 09:21 AM
From the top of my tire, to my wheel well lip, it is one finger for sure, remember a tire has some what of a taper on the edge.

http://www.digitalgumball.com/gap.png

ortedd
04-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Why not use a ruler here? Fingers are subject to a little variability. . .

DownTheHatch
04-03-2003, 11:09 AM
If you wanted to tuck your wheels you should have got a coil-over setup. Neuspeed says the race springs will drop your car 2", it doesnt say it will eliminate wheel gap.

team ERA 5
04-04-2003, 12:33 AM
NEVERMIND EPeeps...my car is low now hahaha SATISFIED....ONE FINGER FRONT AND LIKE A FINGER AND A HALF IN THE BACK...so i guess these are the race after all