PDA

View Full Version : H&R Srpings and stock shocks

HondaMan
08-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Okay, we have talked a lot about H&R Springs and stock shocks, but I really haven't seen anything or anybody saying that this setup works good.

Basically, will this setup (H&R Sport/Race Springs & stock shocks)work okay? Please advise.

If so, I plan to buy my H&R springs here: http://www.inlinefour.com/

I know I should probably get new high performance shocks to go with these springs, but I can't see paying that much for them right now and I would like to milk my stock shocks for all their worth.

02SilverSiHB
08-02-2002, 11:54 AM
These stock shocks seem way better than the previous generation. I say you'll be good for about 30k miles and then you'll need new shocks. You could always install them and then check at every engine oil change for any oil leaking from the shocks.

HondaMan
08-02-2002, 01:57 PM
Coolness...I'll probably do just that.

ApexinSi
08-02-2002, 02:34 PM
drop that bad boy!!...then take pictures of H&R's with stock wheels so I can decide if I want them or not :D

xlr8
08-02-2002, 02:37 PM
ive had my h&r's on my stock shocks for over 4000miles and had no problem. i will buy shocks when i find some that i dont have to hack up my stock shocks to install

HondaMan
08-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by xlr8
ive had my h&r's on my stock shocks for over 4000miles and had no problem. i will buy shocks when i find some that i dont have to hack up my stock shocks to install

Thanks bro, I was going to PM you about your spring/shock setup. I'm with you about finding shocks made especially for our cars.

xlr8
08-02-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

Thanks bro, I was going to PM you about your spring/shock setup. I'm with you about finding shocks made especially for our cars.
i just asked big bear tire today about the konis they said its more trouble then its worth. i take their word they are the only volk distibuter in the midwest and have a few problems with konis.

02SilverSiHB
08-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by xlr8

i just asked big bear tire today about the konis they said its more trouble then its worth....
I wouldn't doubt it. When I saw that install, I was like....uhhh....no!