PDA

View Full Version : ContiExtreme Contact Tires...

Tekdemon
04-01-2003, 04:43 AM
I'm looking at these in the 205/55/15 size to put on the stock wheels and I'm having some fears...

First off, the weight load rating seems to be lower than our stock Michelins...it's not by much, but it seems to be lower a bit...87...

Also, the tire's max pressure it can handle is 35! Our Michelins are rated for up to 44...

This only worries me because if I fill it with 33psi and I go driving and it gets really hot, I don't feel like having my tires explode on me...

Any comments?

Gasp23
04-01-2003, 07:04 AM
Why not just get the AVS ES100 in 205/55R15 88V, they are like $68 in the stock size. Just my opinion.

Tekdemon
04-01-2003, 07:45 AM
well the handling doesn't seem to be much better than the Conti's and the Yokohamas aren't good for winter at all plus I live in Rochester 10 months out of the year(which means about 9 winter months or so the joke goes-it snowed yesterday in case you wanna know).

And I'm lazy =P and cheap enough to not want to swap snow tires...I'm a college student so even if I wanted to I have no place to store snow/regular tires...dorm room is puny enough as it is.

Also, tirerack.com doesn't seem to list a 205/55/15 AVS ES100! I wish they had more sizes because I really wanted 215/55/15's...since they would be about spot on for diameter, and also provide a bit more traction...

But only ONE tire is sold there that meets those size specs, the Kumho ECSTA 711's...