PDA

View Full Version : Quick stock wheel and tire size confirmation please =P

Tekdemon
04-01-2003, 11:21 AM
After looking through and through, I just have a couple last questions to ask:

1) Will 205/55/15 tires fit fine on the stock wheels?
2) How about 215/55/15s? No rubbing?

and last but definitely not least:

3) Our stock tires have a load rating of 88...from what I can find you're not supposed to run a tire with a lower load rating than the OEM tires...but what about 87? From my calculations 87's load support should still be more than enough for the car and any possible cargo(as long as you follow the manual's 850 pound limit). But still...it's kind of like a cardinal rule to not lower the load capability of the tires you're using...

Is it ok to violate this rule this once? Or will I blow up the tires and drive into a rail and die?

Will2K2
04-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Tekdemon

1) Will 205/55/15 tires fit fine on the stock wheels?

Yes (although it will look kinda funny, with sidewalls pointing out and up

2) How about 215/55/15s? No rubbing?

Really don't recommend it and Rubbing would depend on your drop, your audio, your driving and your Girlfriends weight ;)

and last but definitely not least:

3) Our stock tires have a load rating of 88...from what I can find you're not supposed to run a tire with a lower load rating than the OEM tires...but what about 87? From my calculations 87's load support should still be more than enough for the car and any possible cargo(as long as you follow the manual's 850 pound limit). But still...it's kind of like a cardinal rule to not lower the load capability of the tires you're using...

Is it ok to violate this rule this once? Or will I blow up the tires and drive into a rail and die?

Blow up and die = NO
Okay to break Cardinal rule = Yes

BTW I bought wheels with a lower load rating than our factory wheels (500kg vs 590kg) and I'm not worried.

Same for tires, I think the tires I'm going with are a little lower than stock load rating.

As they say in france ;)

"Pas de Sweat"

Will