PDA

View Full Version : ingalls camber kit...

mental
04-01-2003, 01:24 PM
okay i dont know much about actually puting a wrench to a car... but! i am willing to learn if some one will speak up and help...
my question is... the ingalls front camber kir for our cars looks like nothing more than a couple a bolts and 3 washers on each bolt... well if this is true why should i spend like 40 something dollars on this shit when i could go to hardware or auto parts store and get just about the same thing for like a nickle a piece... well... and as for the rear camber kit any one know where this kit could be purchased for a half way reasonable price(cheap) or does the front and rear come together cuz that would help alot!

RacingCivicSi02
04-01-2003, 03:23 PM
i got the front and back for 138 on groupbuycenter.com. You can buy the front and the rear seperatly.

ssvr6
04-01-2003, 04:30 PM
The bolt in the front has a "lobe" on it. When tightened, it adjusts the camber.

http://www.k-series.com/Images/Tech/EP_INGALLS_CAMBERKIT/EP_INGALLS_CAMBERKIT-2.jpg

It's on the right hand side near the head of the bolt.

Steve

mental
04-01-2003, 04:46 PM
ahh so it seems... you guys are so smart... thanx

HondaMan
04-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Good photo, but $40 or more for this front camber bolt seems like a lot especially since IMO you don't need it. However, you do need a rear camber kit.

ssvr6
04-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Here's the best deal out there for F&R.

http://www.importhorizon.com/ingallshondacivic.html

$39 for the Front
$117 for the Rear

Shipping = $0.00

Gotta love that.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
04-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Good photo, but $40 or more for this front camber bolt seems like a lot especially since IMO you don't need it. However, you do need a rear camber kit.
actually some will need the camber kit, if they want to get more negative camber (even after lowering), or want to correct the camber after lowering. I was always told that the front doesn't change, but a few have actually gone to have an alignment after lowering their car only an 1 1/2" and they have some negative camber (Which some may not want after lowering).

HondaMan
04-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

actually some will need the camber kit, if they want to get more negative camber (even after lowering), or want to correct the camber after lowering. I was always told that the front doesn't change, but a few have actually gone to have an alignment after lowering their car only an 1 1/2" and they have some negative camber (Which some may not want after lowering).

Hmmm, you really think we need it afterall? Certainly not as important as the rear...

todaCspec
04-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by RacingCivicSi02
i got the front and back for 138 on groupbuycenter.com. You can buy the front and the rear seperatly.

Which vendor on Groupbuycenter?

02SilverSiHB
04-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

Hmmm, you really think we need it afterall? Certainly not as important as the rear...
I don't think we need a camber kit for the front, but if you want to get it back to 0 degrees then you might want them. I can't remember who, but a few people had posted the specs after lowering. The toe was all screwed up and the camber in the front went to about 1- and that was just for springs like ours. I'm going to get a camber kit for mine, as I want my tires to last as long as possible.

HondaMan
04-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I don't think we need a camber kit for the front, but if you want to get it back to 0 degrees then you might want them. I can't remember who, but a few people had posted the specs after lowering. The toe was all screwed up and the camber in the front went to about 1- and that was just for springs like ours. I'm going to get a camber kit for mine, as I want my tires to last as long as possible.

Hmmm, ok...I think I'm going to get a front kit as well becuase like you said I want my tires to last as long as possible (I have very exspensive tires). :)

Quicksilver
04-02-2003, 07:54 PM
I was one of the people that posted about before and after alignment. The before alignment included the bolts in the full positive camber position (+1 degree). My specs were 0.2/-0.4 degrees. Read this thread for full details: Linkie (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8042)

The group buy I bought from included two sets of bolts (for a total of +2/-2 degrees of total adjustment), but I only used one set. If anyone would like the second set, I'd be willing to ship them for $25 (I paid $49 for both sets shipped at the time). PM me if you're interested. Although you might want to check Group Buy Center (http://www.groupbuycenter.com) for a better price on a single set. My part # was 1-81280 (3544PR) Ingalls Fastcam 16mm for Mac struts.

Kurtis

fsugatorbait
04-04-2003, 10:43 AM
you can get the front camber kits from neuspeed.com for $11.52 per side with free shipping...they offer two kits, one that adjusts camber from +/- 2 degrees and one that adjusts +/- 1 degree...given that our car only needs minor adjusting we only need the later kit.

EDIT:these are the ingalls kits.