PDA

View Full Version : Paint Sealant?

MiniMiniVan
04-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey guys I use Prolong Paint Sealant on my cars. What do yall think about paint sealants. Which kind is your favorite? Am I wasting my time?

AkronSi
04-02-2003, 11:40 AM
How much is it, and how long is it supposed to last? Most of that stuff never lasts as long as it says, so be careful.

MiniMiniVan
04-02-2003, 06:51 PM
About $30 a bottle. You can coat 3 cars with it. Its suppost to last like 3 months.

AkronSi
04-03-2003, 07:00 AM
For that cost, I'd check out Proper Auto Care (http://www.properautocare.com) and get some Klasse. It's a two part system that seals your paint. It will last about the same amount of time or longer depending on the number of coats. And, the stuff will probably last you forever since it doesn't take much to do your car.

It's worth a look. Good luck with whatever you decide to use. Oh, and don't forget to clay your paint before you put anything on :D

MiniMiniVan
04-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Hey Im going to get some of the glaze stuff. Do you think I need both products? My paint is fine I dont think I need a polish, just something to make it shine. Also what about the clay bar? How do I use it? thanks;)

AkronSi
04-04-2003, 06:39 AM
I'd get both. The polish is pretty mild, but it will help your paint "pop" just a little more. You can get them both together as a kit. There are a few people on here that use the Klasse and then top it with a good carnuba wax for even more depth.

You can get the clay online or at your local autoparts store (or walmart). Something like Clay magic or mother's would be great. They all come with instructions But, you pretty much spray a lubricant (included with the kit) on a small area and then rub the clay on that area. It's like a big eraser for your car. Just don't drop it, or it's ruined. I'd recommend cutting the bar into a couple peices, just incase you do drop it :)

Good luck! :D

MiniMiniVan
04-04-2003, 06:45 PM
I got clay majic tonight. I will try both. But first I have to find some place local to get the sealant. If not I will get it off the net.
Thanks!;)

AkronSi
04-07-2003, 06:58 AM
I've heard that some german (bmw) dealerships carry the stuff. Good luck.