PDA

View Full Version : A New Discovery!!!, well for me

raiyo
04-01-2003, 11:45 PM
When I dropping some trash in between the front cup holders and the ditch, I was like "man... how am I gonna get that out." Then I sticked my fingers in there hoping I could get it out them.... BAM!!! The cup holder slid foward, and it reveals a hidden compartment. Am I the last to know? A great place to hide your face deck or other stuff you don't want others to easily find. If you don't own an EP, you might not know. It sucks that our car don't have a glove compartment lock. Hope this info will help others. I was damn surprized.

golferjn
04-01-2003, 11:53 PM
yup, secret compartment

SHAKEnBAKE
04-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Hehehe, I actually was gonna call you stupid, idoitic, etc. But I realize I found out about it just like you did. LOL It is a secret compartement:D :D :D

chubbychu
04-02-2003, 12:51 AM
HEhe i guesss we all find out the hard way. It was totally surprising to me....now all i wanna do is seal it so that nobody can see the crack.

Makross
04-02-2003, 01:15 AM
yeah sweetest thing i ever seen :D

RMC22
04-02-2003, 02:02 AM
A great place to cram a bag from Wendy's late at night so it doesn't spill all over. :cool:

jaydub
04-02-2003, 09:20 AM
haha yeah i can't really make fun of you either. I use mine as a trash can, then when I vacuum my car, I just suck it all out of there. :D

BlasTech
04-02-2003, 09:22 AM
But theres more, underneath the rubber floor of that compartment are the two bolts that are key for removing that console entirely, and dont forget to use the little hanger for your gas cap right there on the fuel door next time you fill up!

jaydub
04-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
But theres more, underneath the rubber floor of that compartment are the two bolts that are key for removing that console entirely, and dont forget to use the little hanger for your gas cap right there on the fuel door next time you fill up! :mad: Don't talk to me about that rubber floor coming up and the bolts under it. I damn near broke my console out because I didn't know that rubber came off. :mad: :mad:

icegrill
04-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Honda engineers added a stash box for when you be ridin' dirty:D

BlairSpeed
04-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Ive used the "stash box" many times. works great!!! i love how it all seals up with the top cover, nice and flush. ;)

Si_eD
04-02-2003, 10:30 AM
and it works great for all those oversize drinks that they always give you at the drive-thru for some stupid reason.

graham
04-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
... and dont forget to use the little hanger for your gas cap right there on the fuel door next time you fill up!

LOL ... I was filling up for the second time and I noticed that little knob sticking out of the side of the gas cap ... it's actually quite a useful feature. It took me a week before noticing the lined change bucket as well.

SilverEP
04-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Yep I found mine the hardway too.....only about a week ago!!!! i have owned my EP for 6 months now:p Sometimes it takes me a while:D

02NITEHAWKSi EP
04-02-2003, 11:18 AM
I use my "secret compartment" for keeping supplies to go out with the girlies. he he he. Colone and stuff.

I wonder how hard it would be to turn that compartment into a mini cooler??? It will be nice to fit a few colas in there on those long cruising nights...any ideas??

NXK20
04-02-2003, 11:25 AM
Its nice, you can throw stuff in there you don't want to look at to keep from junking up your car. It was a long time after i got my car before i realized it was there.

hamproof
04-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Works as a cooler or warmer. A compartment inside the glovebox. That would be the ultimate interior mod.

Originally posted by 02NITEHAWKSi EP
I use my "secret compartment" for keeping supplies to go out with the girlies. he he he. Colone and stuff.

I wonder how hard it would be to turn that compartment into a mini cooler??? It will be nice to fit a few colas in there on those long cruising nights...any ideas??

twiztidsals
04-02-2003, 12:13 PM
the secret compartment rules!
the map pockets in the doors are perfect for holding a cd booklet -
ones that are 2 cd's high fit perfectly. no losing them or giving anyone a reason to touch the stereo =D

BSEVEER
04-02-2003, 01:32 PM
The "secret" compartment is cool but if you put much in there it wont close. :( But you can put your weed in it. :D

SmoothOperator
04-02-2003, 01:53 PM
I always slide the cup tray forward...then stick my CD's in the secret compartment. They sit in there perfectly with their cases.
Holds about 10-15 I think.

RiceCzechs
04-02-2003, 02:34 PM
The cooler idea probably would work, provided the area in front of it could house some flexible tubing... might be a pain, though... it's definitely a good idea - I use my compartment for cds, radar detector, etc. What is a shame is that they couldn't engineer the cupholder to slide all the way out of the way (it stops just short of disappearing completely, and won't accomodate certain oversized items). I even thought about putting my Delphi Sky Fi in there somehow, but decided against it...

IceD out N CALI
04-02-2003, 03:55 PM
the good ole secret compartment:)

Mr.02BlackSIguY
04-02-2003, 05:04 PM
its nice.. u can fit those big gulps from seven eleven.

taikahn
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I always slide the cup tray forward...then stick my CD's in the secret compartment. They sit in there perfectly with their cases.
Holds about 10-15 I think.

Yup --

Id call it a cd holder not a secret compartment -- I mean, they fit so damn well....

:-)

SinisterCivicSi
04-02-2003, 06:28 PM
HAaaa haaaa nighthawk i like the way you think!
yeah i found mine by accident also, i cant remember what i was doing but i thought i broke something when it gave way to my hand being crammed in that little crack. lol
i hide all my money in there for the parking garage, super convienent and easy to get to.
whats funny is, the salesman didnt know it was there either.

StrangeShadow
04-02-2003, 06:51 PM
ahhh!!!
lined change bucket as well. where's that!?!?

streaker666
04-02-2003, 07:00 PM
I got my car a week ago, by the weekend I found the secret compartment.

Took my car out for a drive this past weekend, when I got into the driveway I started checking out the little features in the car. Then I was like 'wtf, why the hell is there a gap where the cupholders are???!!! Are Hondas going cheap now?!?!' Then when I realized I was all smiles...what a cool feature.

Si_eD
04-02-2003, 07:12 PM
it's amazing how so many people didn't know it was there.

i found it before i even bought the car when i was juss looking at all the features at the dealer.

chakra71
04-02-2003, 07:17 PM
hehehhehe being supernerd, that's where i stash my amateur radio!

when i park i just set my small cd holder over it so that anyone that's peepin won't see the junk.

http://www.boomspeed.com/chakra71/radiotemp2.jpg

in a few months i'm going to start working on the stereo and going to do a permanant mount on the dash. but for now it sits here.

02NITEHAWKSi EP
04-03-2003, 08:39 AM
I am going to start to look at conversion van stuff and stuff from JC whitney. They must have a little fridge that fits there... or one of those mini fridges that they sell like at the Sharper Image or Discovery STore. Hummm getting Idease he he he:p :D

Tekdemon
04-04-2003, 01:51 AM
lol...I figured it out first day in the car just checking it out =P

But anyway we should delete this thread so the cops don't know about it =P

steve_jones
04-04-2003, 06:06 AM
Good old secret compartment, my dealer actually told me about it !

I take it you all know about the other cup holder by the window near the steering wheel ?

We also get an ash tray ( usefull for putting all those little screws you seem to have left over when youhave been taking your car to bits :) ), and we have a lockable glove box as well :)

SinisterCivicSi
04-04-2003, 05:21 PM
the glove box locks??? i never noticed

RiceCzechs
04-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Not on US models it doesn't.... Cost-cutting. :(

SinisterCivicSi
04-04-2003, 05:34 PM
oh ok! i thought i would have noticed that. my cr-v locked, i loved that feature.

oh well....

Mezri
04-04-2003, 10:03 PM
One of these days Honda will put a deep enough glove compartment in civics to be able to hold more than just the damn owner's manual! Even that doesnt fit right in there.

The lined change box is on the left side of the dash, down low, up under the secret-drink-holder-dealie. Very useful for hiding things like a wallet or more than just change.

P.S. - An entire 2 liter bottle will fit into the center console "secret" compartment! Perfect for those really long drives :)

speedjunkiez
04-04-2003, 11:26 PM
ok i have read it all now you guys can post three pages on the compartmant under the cup holder.add how you found it. can you not do better than that.:*

SiNi$t3R
04-05-2003, 01:40 AM
yes the secret compartment works great but even better is the moon roof stashes my hand gun real well (9mm) and compacts.

Tekdemon
04-05-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by SiNi$t3R
yes the secret compartment works great but even better is the moon roof stashes my hand gun real well (9mm) and compacts.
lol, you *are* joking I assume =P since the top is glass and people could see your gun if you actually put it there =P

02NJHondaep3
04-05-2003, 06:44 PM
You know what freaked me out. I was puttin my cellphone jdm Recaro seat with harness on when i discovered the cupholder next to the steering wheel for the extra lazy people:D I keep whatever change i have in that lined compartment under that under my $6 JDM Steering wheel.;)