PDA

View Full Version : SRS light is too smart for me.

ApexinSi
08-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Well I finally took my car into Honda today to get my SRS light turned off. The service rep told me that I can't put anything on the passenger seat...bookbag, laptop..etc... I had my laptop on the seat a few times, and the service rep told me that the electronics may have set off the SRS light....OOO..K.
I should be expecting a phone call sometime after noon to pickup my baby....minus the glaring SRS light.

ApexinSi
08-02-2002, 11:02 AM
Well they called me back and said that they are missing a part to turn off my SRS light....how dumb. So now I get to wait a week for them to finish playing with themselves.... and pickup my car with broken airbags in a few minutes.

ApexinSi
08-02-2002, 12:08 PM
dang, i bet everyone is just ignoring my post :(
anyways my SRS light is off now but they said that a special part is needed that will be taking a week to get in."OPDS UNIT" to be exact.

!@#$%
08-02-2002, 12:53 PM
dunno if its the same, but i used a bent paperclip to re-trace the signal back to the ecu. it worked on my 7th gen.

MagusDC5
08-02-2002, 01:27 PM
Do you have side SRS?

ApexinSi
08-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by MagusDC5
Do you have side SRS?
yep

MagusDC5
08-02-2002, 02:44 PM
is it your Side Airbag light, or your SRS light that is on?

I know that if a small person gets in the way of the sensors on the seat the Side Airbag light will go on, but should go off when the sensor re-calibrates that there is nothing in the path.

If your red main SRS light is on then there is a problem with your airbags or SRS unit...it should have nothing to do with the sensors in your seat, as they are for your side SRS.

ApexinSi
08-02-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by MagusDC5
is it your Side Airbag light, or your SRS light that is on?.

my SRS light is on, I've seen my Side Airbag light come on when my passengers lean on the side of the door..i was told thats normal.
The SRS light is off now, but honda said I still need some part..they should be calling me in a week....yey. :rolleyes:

Silver '02 Si
08-02-2002, 05:46 PM
I took my passenger seat out to aide in running cables for my amps...when i reinstalled everything no lights...then 2 days later boom.!!.SRS light came on...i still haven't gotten it checked but, it makes me feel better to know someone else had there's come on too...also, i don't have side air bags...but, from what i hear there is a seat sensor to deactivate pass. air bag when less weight is present other than a full grown adult...you say car is needing some part??? i need to finish my system so i can take car in to dealer for a check up! :D P.S.....no i didn't cut any wires etc. , so i know i didn't do it... :p