PDA

View Full Version : How to oil an aftermarket air filter?

kenis138
04-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey yall. I have cleaned my air filter on my intake a few times, but not sure how to lube that sucker up.... What kind of "oil" do you use and how is it applied?

31102si
04-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Go to your local car parts store, Discount auto, napa, etc. and buy the k&n filter cleaner and oil set. The cleaner and the oil are sold together. The box gives you instructions on how to clean and oil the filter. Basicly just apply the oil along the lines of the filter. Don't over oil it.

graham
04-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by kenis138
Hey yall. I have cleaned my air filter on my intake a few times, but not sure how to lube that sucker up.... What kind of "oil" do you use and how is it applied?

Gotta use the special K&N cleaner & oil ... it's not expensive ... and it lasts forever.

Cheers,
Graham

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by kenis138

if it's a K&N filter, you use ONLY K&N filter oil...
apply a light film over the entire cotton element...
you may have to go over it twice...
just make sure the whole filter is pink (no white)...
but do not over-oil it, or else your car will be ingesting that oil in no time, possibly causing damage to a sensor(s) and tripping a check engine light...
this was a major problem w/ my last car (00' Maxima), but they had very sensitive MAF sensors...
just don't drown it and you'll be fine...

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-02-2003, 11:09 AM
damn i guess i was a couple minutes slow...lol
sorry for the repost...

+1 :cool: