PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with WHITE wheels...

SmoothOperator
04-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Do any of you, (with white wheels) bother to wax them? I understand they're much easier to keep clean if they've been waxed. Any truth to this? I might do mine.
Thanks

sniperSI
04-02-2003, 03:40 PM
I wax my wheels, they are not white they are stock, but you can wax any wheel, chrome, white (painted) It's good, keeps them clean and scuff free.

it's just wax baby.

JSIR
04-02-2003, 08:14 PM
I find that the dirt washes off easier when the wheels are waxed, I usually do mine once and a while when I have time. I've used Mothers wheel polish before with good success on unpainted wheels, not sure if that works on painted wheels, but regular car wax should work just as well.

oogy-boogy
04-03-2003, 03:36 PM
I had white 5 zigens on my 97 Civic and it made a huge difference. Just wax them every time you wax your ride. You wouldn't believe how easy the brake dust comes off. I used Meguiars Yellow.

When you clean them, try not to use anything harsh as it will strip the wax off. Simple green is your best friend. Mix 1 part simple green with 1 part water. You won't believe the nice shine your rims will have from the wax job. Can't wait to throw them on my EP!!!!!!!!!! Damn pot holes need to get filled first. :mad: