PDA

View Full Version : anyone have progress swaybar and stock exhuast?i need some help witn mine..

02situner
04-02-2003, 05:56 PM
my swaybar touches my muffler and they make noise now from the vibration. i am planning on getting a new exhuast but untill then what should i do

Silver EP3
04-02-2003, 06:30 PM
I have the same set up and no problems. After the install I pulled on the muffler a couple of times toward the rear of the car and it was fine.

chet
04-02-2003, 08:52 PM
If you have a stock muffler, and you are having problems, I would call Progress. I called them last fall when I put my sways on. I also put on a Thermal full cat-back and was getting heavy vibs right under the passenger seat. I called them and they said all of their test-fitting was done with stock muffler and they had no problems. If your problem is not with the muffler, they should replace your sway, I don't think they get too many complaints on their products. But definitely call them.

2k2civicSi
04-02-2003, 09:29 PM
how did you fix the vibration i have the thermal and im thinking about geting a rear sway but if its gona make noise

chet
04-02-2003, 11:06 PM
My buddy, who's a great mechanic, tried to describe it to me. . .They will basically put an indention in the exact place the touch/vib is occuring. They will lay a wrench or large socket against the pipe and hammer it so there is a dent basically. Nothing is damaged. This is the way they do it in the muffler shops. But if you were to do this your self, the main thing to remember is to NOT GO TOO FAR.

EDIT: Also, the Progress rear sway is very thick. Much more than the type r rear sway or the neuspeed. I can't recall the exact size. So your choice of sway bar will make a big difference as well.

NemesisITR
04-02-2003, 11:21 PM
I just installed mine today and I am getting noises when I corner. I think it is just the stock exhaust hitting the new sway bar. Either I will wait till I get new exhaust to see if it stops or until something falls off:D !