PDA

View Full Version : Help Me with my speaker box

sniperSI
04-02-2003, 06:58 PM
Alright, i've got 2 JL 10w6's.

In a normal rectangle enclosed box, that kinda flops around in my hatch ever since the mounting cheap ass brackets snaped. So i wanted to secure in some aspect and was wondering if anyone had suggestions or experiances on how the mounted their speaker bawks

oogy-boogy
04-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Try buying some really good automotive Velcro (Use the hook side only). If you have a staple gun just tack it to the bottom of the box. Run 2 long strips down the length of the box and you should be all set. My box never moves but it's still fairly easy to remove if I need the hatch space.

ZigZag
04-02-2003, 11:54 PM
I had a box in my 98 ex before my SI. I used some "L" brackets... not sure if thats what their called but they look like the letter "L". Screwed the top part of the "L" to the box one each on opposite diagonal corners, and secured the bottom to the floor with some wing nuts. I tried using the velcro before, but it gets hot here in Texas and the adhesive just melted off... next thing i knew i had a box sliding around. The wing nuts were much stronger. Hope this helps, or gives you some ideas. :)

crex2nr
04-03-2003, 01:13 AM
id suggest you having a couple of trim pieces made to keep the box from moving, a couple of little panels made with 1/2 in. board should do the trick.

esmith13
04-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Put in a Rear Strut Tower Bar (even an eBay one for $12 is great)
and then Velcro strap the Sub box to the strut bar.

You could do it more permenately, but I assume you want it to be removable...

I have a milk crate in my hatch with my "quick detailing" stuff in it. I use a bungie cord to wrap aroung the strut bar and then wrap around the crate. Then the hooks on the ends hold the crate firmly against the rear seats -- No sliding or banging around!!!

... Don't laugh...

it works VERY well.....

Eric

crex2nr
04-03-2003, 05:18 PM
better yet, get rid of the spare tire and put one 10w7 :D :p