PDA

View Full Version : Best Suspension

JruSi02
04-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey everyone, I know this question will bring oppinions as answers and thats what I'm lookin for. The way I was going to go for suspension was Eibach Sportlines with KYB AGX shocks but I just wanted to check with everyone and see what they thought is the best suspension set up. Many of you are liking progress springs. I've also been hearing good things about TEIN. Which is the best Tein set, I think the choices would be basic, super street, and flex. Or if you have a completely different suggestion I'd love to hear it cause I probably know the least here about suspension so any info will help a lot. Thanks everyone in advance.

fsugatorbait
04-03-2003, 10:09 AM
IMO suspension setups are something that will vary from one driver to another. They along with rims are probably the two biggest things that you can do to customize your car to the way you want it to handle/look. If you want a serious drop, Neuspeed/Progress springs seems to be the way to go. If your looking for the best drop while maximizing stock damper life you would probably be looking at Tein or Sportlines...least drop would be Pro-kits. These are probably the most popular springs out there.
If your looking for something adjustable theres the GC's and Skunk 2s...if your into having the best then there's the Tein full setup.
Hope this helps, for point of reference Ive gone with the Tein springs. IMO best looking drop, rides like stock, wouldnt think twice about going with them again. Just my .02.

Tekdemon
04-03-2003, 10:47 AM
If money weren't a problem I'd probably go with the full TEIN coilover setup with the electronic control in the dash =P

chubbychu
04-05-2003, 11:39 PM
hhmmm....since this is a post about asking for the best setup....
could anyone kinda sorta match this description for me?

1) more than mild drop....but no tucking even when people are in the back seat.
2) reasonabally stiffer than stock
3) under $250
4) reliable, no saggin?

is this too much to ask for? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Jpax
04-06-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si

3) under $250
4) reliable, no saggin?

is this too much to ask for?

HAHHAHHAha just had to laugh,.,,, it was funny...... lol....

Mr.02BlackSIguY
04-06-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
If money weren't a problem I'd probably go with the full TEIN coilover setup with the electronic control in the dash =P

wow.. this sounds hardcore.. how much is this? neone have a picture of this? or a link? i want to check this out.

DjMacAtack
04-06-2003, 11:18 AM
shoulda talked to me at the meet... i had the full set up and was giving rides...:cool:

no edfc yet tho... thats a christmas project i'll be doing soon

chubbychu
04-06-2003, 11:31 AM
pax why did you laught at me? you hurt my self esteem!

SiR Medic
04-06-2003, 01:15 PM
pax why did you laught at me? you hurt my self esteem!

Probably because you have champagne tastes and a beer budget!

3) under $250
4) reliable, no saggin?

Either reduce your expectations or pony up more dough. A good suspension consists of more than just a set of lowering springs. You need spring/coilovers, shocks, sway bars, strut-tower braces, bushings, etc.

Some questions you will have to answer:
1/ Do you want coil-overs or springs?
2/ What sort of ride/handling compromise do you want?
3/ How far do you wanna go with this?

If all you want is a drop, all you need is lowering springs. If you want your car to REALLY DANCE, you need to pony up lot more than $250.

chubbychu
04-06-2003, 03:31 PM
oop sorry about that......yea right now im just trying to decide on the spring itself....so yea...i just want springs...i probaby wont use the adjustability of coiliovers anyways

as for ride....stiffer than stock but not uncomfortably stiff and i know shocks have a lot to do with that. but for now i just want springs and than later ill get the shocks and than after that ill do the strut bars ect....right now its mostly cool look factor that like aiming for....but i do want other things besides a drop. Ive been doing a little research...and right now im torn betw sportlines or the neuspeed race.

Rueda del Queso
04-06-2003, 06:07 PM
If you get the race's you'll be spending more than 250. You can get them for 160 or something like that, but you'll definitely need a camber kit unless you want to burn through you're tires. That adds another 200 or so. If you go with a more mild drop, like an inch, you can get away with no camber kit, just an alignment at a shop, and with the sportlines 1.5" you could at least wait a few months before getting the camber fixed, but with the 2" race's you'll want to get it done right away.

BlackJDMep
04-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Yea. DjMacAtack TEIN full flex kit is tha BOMB. I drove his car at the block2 meet. After that ride.... You bet I'll be getting it soon! Thanx again for that ride DjMacAtack. :D

chubbychu
04-06-2003, 10:48 PM
oh okay....well at first...i thought neuspeeds....but i dont want to bother with it getting TOO low...although i think its not that bad....now i guess my mind is set on sportlines.....does anyone know the part #?

SiR_d1
04-06-2003, 11:08 PM
I jus have a question. Can the sportlines really be dropped 1.5" or is it only the pro-kit?

Quicksilver
04-07-2003, 12:35 AM
...now i guess my mind is set on sportlines.....does anyone know the part #?

Eibach Sportlines (approximatly 1 1/5" drop): EIB-4-5640
Eibach Pro-kit (approximatly 1" drop): EIB-5640-140

To answer the next question: try Showstoppers USA for a good price and excellent customer service. Others will post, I'm sure, if they know a cheaper place. SPC or Ingalls rear camber kits can be bought for around $139 on Group Buy Center (http://www.groupbuycenter.com) . You probably won't need the front kit with that modest a drop in height.

chubbychu
04-07-2003, 12:44 AM
wait....sportlines are only 1 and 1 1/5 in? did you mean 1.5 in? because 1/5 of an inch is not much. hehe also, team era 5 showed me a super cheap price for ingalls camber kits at http://www.importhorizon.com/camberkits.html so yea....and im sure that the eibachs will settle to a very comforting pleasing level right?

Rueda del Queso
04-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Damn, those are cheap, a lot less than I thought they could be had for.