PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Order Motor Oil Online?

chet
04-03-2003, 03:02 PM
I can't find Mobile 1 5w 20 anywhere locally. Starting to wonder if Mobile 1 makes it yet. I may go with the 0w 20. Comments, links, help!! Thanks

pocketrocket
04-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Mobil does not make a 5-20 oil as far as I know, though I may be wrong.

-PR

Surprise
04-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Mobil does not make a 5w20 formula, but they do make a 0w20 or so they say. I too have been looking localy with no luck, but have heard other people using it. The only place online is this (http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/oil44877.html) but the price is not good with or without shipping.

DynaSpeed
04-03-2003, 06:11 PM
If you haven't done so yet, check out:
Bob is the Oil Guy dot com (http://www.bobistheoilguy.com)

You can find dealers on that forum that'll give you the straight answers about any oil.

chet
04-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Surprise
Mobil does not make a 5w20 formula, but they do make a 0w20 or so they say. I too have been looking localy with no luck, but have heard other people using it. The only place online is this (http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/oil44877.html) but the price is not good with or without shipping.

Surprise, I visited the site you have listed today, crazy f!@#ing prices there!! I was wondering if they made it or not. I can only find Penzoil. Don't really want to go to the dealer. I think I will try the 0w 20.

Also, DynaSpeed, I have the Bob. ..link saved and visited. But obviously didn't take advantage of it's capabilities. I check again, thanks guys.

Jpax
04-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Jsut get the 10-30w gezz, its not goign to KIll your motor. :eek: :angel:

ZigZag
04-03-2003, 11:10 PM
When i was using american honda owner link to pay my bill... i took a stroll and looked at the maintenance schedule... there was a link to motor oil.
It said "Honda recommends using a 5W30 motor oil year-round. Heavy oils make an engine harder to start, which can strain the electrical system. Lighter oils flow easier once the cold engine starts, bringing vital lubrication to moving parts. Learn more about changing your oil and filter." :)

Mobil1 does make 5W30... just thought youd like to know:cool:

todaCspec
04-04-2003, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZigZag
[B]When i was using american honda owner link to pay my bill... i took a stroll and looked at the maintenance schedule... there was a link to motor oil.
It said "Honda recommends using a 5W30 motor oil year-round. Heavy oils make an engine harder to start, which can strain the electrical system. Lighter oils flow easier once the cold engine starts, bringing vital lubrication to moving parts. Learn more about changing your oil and filter." :)

That site must be out dated, now they recommend 5W 20. Thinner is better?

digitldlnkwnt
04-06-2003, 12:39 AM
I went to Honda to get the 5w-20 oil as listed on the oil cap. However, thier chart at the service counter states 10w-30 and the AllData system (if your familiar with car database programs) says 10w-30 also.
You only want 5w for colder climate...10w for warmer climate.

JruSi02
04-06-2003, 10:25 PM
AMSOIL has fully synthetic and Castrol has synthetic-blend. Those are the only two synthetic oils I have been able to find so far for our car in 5W-20. Only thing is I can't find anyone around me (philly area) that has amsoil.

chet
04-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks, now I'm even more confused. . . So 10w 30 is totally fine then? I know that M1 has that. Then, in the winter next year, hopefully M1 will have graced us with their 5-20.

chet
04-10-2003, 04:58 PM
This is what I decided on. If anyone's interested

www.royalpurple.com/dealers/ecommerce/.shtml

I bought 10 quarts for about the same cost of two oil changes, $58 bucks. I thought I would try something a little different. The website offers lots of info on the company, etc.

P.S. FORGOT TO MENTION, THEY DO HAVE 5W20, WHICH IS WHAT I PURCHASED.