PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Clutch?

pocketrocket
04-03-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey, does anyone know if there is a currently manufactured aftermarket clutch for out trans? I'm reealy close to picking up a flywheel, but I want to do the clutch at the same time.

Thanks
-PR

Tekdemon
04-03-2003, 04:28 PM
I too would like to know this...because if I get a Turbo I'd want a tougher clutch because there's no way the stock one will hold up long with 240whp MUHAHAHA =P

fishboy
04-03-2003, 04:37 PM
will a clutch made for the type-s fit you think? act and clutch masters both offer clutches for the types.

speedjunkiez
04-03-2003, 05:31 PM
here is a easy way to find out: call your local honda dealer and get the part # for the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing and then call acura and ask if any of these part # are in there computer if they are all there the clutch will work

JackHerer
04-03-2003, 05:55 PM
exedy makes a clutch and flywheel for the ep.

ThickMick
04-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Noobie question:

What are the benefits of a lighter, stronger clutch/flywheel?

How does it affect daily driving? In other words, will it be really annoying when I encounter heavy traffic to shift, or does Noise, Harshness, and Vibration increase dramatically? Will it allow me to make quicker throws?

Thanks

2k2civicSi
04-03-2003, 07:58 PM
i want a clutch also but im scared to do it because i dont know if are trannys can take the stronger clutch

pocketrocket
04-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Benefits:
Clutch:
Handles increased torque
Supposedly less driveline power loss
Faster Engagement
Flywheel:
Less Parasitic Drag
Free-er/Faster revving
Some claims of better cooling properties

Cons:
Clutch:
Heavy engagement
Harsher engagement
Flywheel:
Faster falling revs
Some will claim that it will transmit more harmful vibrations to sensitive parts of your engine, but I don't believe that voodoo.

-PR

Max
04-03-2003, 09:54 PM
With better clutch you putt more hp to the ground. I personally don't like our clutch, I think it's to light, heavier clutch will make a big difference in hp, torque.

fsugatorbait
04-04-2003, 09:55 AM
I had a centerforce dual friction clutch on my accord, absolutely loved it. Length of engagement was dramatically reduced...didnt notice how much of a difference there was in the weight of the pedal until i test drove the EP and almost pushed the clutch through the floor board.

cpu519
04-05-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
Benefits:
Clutch:
Handles increased torque
Supposedly less driveline power loss
Faster Engagement
Flywheel:
Less Parasitic Drag
Free-er/Faster revving
Some claims of better cooling properties

Cons:
Clutch:
Heavy engagement
Harsher engagement
Flywheel:
Faster falling revs
Some will claim that it will transmit more harmful vibrations to sensitive parts of your engine, but I don't believe that voodoo.

-PR

The flywheel can add more vibration if it isn't balanced correctly. When I added an aluminum flywheel to my 5.0, I had it balanced to match the stock one. There were no added vibrations, and it revved and accelerated much faster. I didn't have to have it done, I just wanted it perfect. I guess it depends on the company and their quality of manufacturing.

goldy02
04-05-2003, 10:12 AM
get on groupbuy.com and someone sells exedy clutches and flywheels,