PDA

View Full Version : new car

swift03si
04-03-2003, 07:21 PM
I want to trade my old car in but not sure what to get. I narrowed it down to 3 cars the Civic Si, Celica GTS and eclipse GT. What do you think I should get?
thanks

golferjn
04-03-2003, 08:34 PM
all three sound good, but it all depends on factors like how much you want to spend, and if you want a new car or a used one. things like that...

raiyo
04-03-2003, 09:00 PM
eclipse or si. personal i dont like the new celica since the sides look weird to me. but yah, my car looked weird when i got it, hehe, now i love it.

IceD out N CALI
04-03-2003, 09:23 PM
get the si-nothing wrong with a minivan;)

02TafWhtSi
04-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Out of those specific choices I would get a black Celica GT-S with black leather - but the sticker for that is around $23K though:eek:

silver ep
04-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Get the SI, its less common on the road, interior is the shiz and...............oh man too many reasons, just get one youll love it! :D

RiceCzechs
04-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Of those three choices, I'd go EP, and I don't even consider myself biased on this one... :)

The Celica GTS is nice, but you've really gotta keep the engine in the upper rev ranges in order to extract any real power from it. This is fun at first, but the buzziness and maniacal shifting gets a bit old after a while. Couple that with lousy visibility, a cheap dashboard, and not much space, and the Celica starts to make a little less sense.

The Eclipse, well... I'm truly against the hodgepodge styling to begin with, but failing that, I much prefered the DSMs original formula for performance (turbo'ed four-banger and awd)... this one has no soul, is overweight, and feels somewhat poseur-ish from my perspective. As an aggregate, Honda and Toyota both have superior resale and reliability quotients, as well.

If you've got the $$$ for a highline Celica and are stuck on coupes, I'd get an RSX. Myself, I'd go for a number of other vehicles before I got either of the two you mentioned (no offense). I list them in detail in that "What if there was no EP" thread, for what its worth.

*steps off soapbox*

nickw252
04-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Celica or Civic. Problem is that the Celicas are quite a bit more expensive. I just plain and simply hate Eclipses.

DooD
04-04-2003, 09:11 PM
imo, i would go with the Si and use the money you saved from not getting the other cars into mods! :D

That way you have a car that isn't typical and with the mods makes it even different.

Nothing wrong with a minivan! :cool: