PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this problem?

vtec24
04-03-2003, 09:45 PM
There seems to be alot more give in the shifter since I first got the car. When it's in gear, you can actually move the shifter around quite a bit, and sometimes if it's barely touched, it will come out of gear. Are there any screws inside that could be tightened up or may have come loose? I've yet to pull the dash out again to look because I haven't had time, but I was curious if I was the only one who had this problem.

Thanks,
Josh

minimay7
04-05-2003, 01:12 AM
That is very strange... I am concerned about what you said about how you can move the shifter while the gear is engaged. How do you know this? Are you one of those people who leave their right hand on the shft knob while driving? It's a very bad habit you know.... Well, share with us how you found out this prob.

vtec24
04-05-2003, 07:03 AM
yes, I'm that person that rest my hand on the shift knob. I'm always turning the volume up and down on the stereo and I leave my hand on the shift knob while doing it. I know it's a very bad habit, but it still shouldn't make the entire set up loose. Oh well, I'll look at it this weekend and see what I can find out. Thanks

Josh

Speck
04-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Let us know, cause mine seems a bit loose.... or at least I would like it a bit tighter.

-=speck=-

EPTree
04-12-2003, 12:04 PM
My shifter slides from third to fourth easier than it does into other gears. Feels almost too easy. I wasn't concerned about it, but now it seems other people are having problems, too. *is now officially becoming concerned*

David K.
04-13-2003, 12:53 AM
I've definately got a bit more play in mine. I have almost 32000 miles and will be putting in the shop for several repairs before warranty runs out. I'll have this looked at and tell you all what they find.

EPTree
04-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Cool, keep us up to speed...and tell us that it'll all be okay :'(