PDA

View Full Version : Wax on, Wax off......Wax off.........WAX OFF!

william
04-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Well, this last sunday after washing my pretty car i decided to wax it in my garage. I had just bought some Mother's pure carnuba paste wax. After 1.5 hours of waxing i called it a night. I left the wax on because in this one detailing book i was reading they said that letting the wax "set" for 24 hours will make a harder finish. The next day after work I was fully expecting the wax to be hard to get off. But to my surprise in my unheated garage and the extremely cold wether we got just this week the wax had permanently become one with my paint! It took me 2 hours to get the wax off.........my hood! I gave up and went inside to watch smallville. Then took another 2 hours to take the wax off 1 side of my car. The next day i spent another 5 hours, yes boys and girls.....5 hours! to finally get the rest off my car. So the grand total is 1.5 (wax on) + 2hours for hood+ 2 hours for 1 side+ 5 hours for rest of car = 10.5 hours roughly, give or take half an hour. Would i leave the wax on for 24 hours again...........YES. Would i leave the wax on for 24 hours in -4 and colder weather, HELL NO! Well that's one for the "learn the hardway" archives. Just thought i'd share. And yes, the wax turned out awsome, way better results than just leaving it on for an hour. Well let the bashing begin.

Spidey
04-04-2003, 11:39 AM
hahah william!
you should have told me that you were going to wax your car. I was going to do mine last weekend as well. This weekend is a write off because of the cold weather. I just use cheap turtle wax twice a year. You guys think that's good enough? I was thinking that maybe next year I would get it professionally power polished etc.

MiniMiniVan
04-04-2003, 06:42 PM
j/k;)
Atleast your car looks great!:cool:

mhx
04-29-2003, 12:25 PM
next time read the bottle.. not a book that doesnt have any idea what brand of wax and its instructions :|

but still funny