PDA

View Full Version : EP Stolen!

abc_kid
04-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Last night, my 02 silver ep was stolen within my own garage! What sucks is that I had just installed the red H sticker on my steering wheel and been enjoying it. My brother had his '00 Civic HX stolen late last year. This has been a bad year for us. I bet I'll see my car a few weeks from now without the seats, steering wheel, shift knob, disc player and engine. Miss my ep already. I had ordered a red front emblem for her this week too!

fsugatorbait
04-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Out of your garage?...how did they get in?...Damn man, my apologies. Good luck with finding it in one piece.

Shpoo
04-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Damn that sucks, I hope they find it soon.

DynaSpeed
04-04-2003, 02:48 PM
First post ever to say that your car was stolen... wow, that sux.

How did they get it? I heard even if you rip the immobilizer out, then it still won't start.

DooD
04-04-2003, 02:52 PM
sorry to hear...hope you get it back in one piece.

Thieves SUCK!:mad:

fASTBACK
04-04-2003, 02:54 PM
So they opened your garage? Man that sucks. Hope you find her in one piece.

Brettnyt
04-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed

How did they get it? I heard even if you rip the immobilizer out, then it still won't start.

well... that is if you dont include Type X's hoax.... :D

Mugen_EP
04-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Yeah I have a hard time believing these things after Type X pulled that stunt. But if its true, sorry bro. Maybe the things they take you can replace with JDM products. Good luck.

JoshSI
04-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed

The funny thing about the immobilizer is honda only makes about 10 different variety of them i think. So if a criminal has all of those different ones they can just strap it to the stering column and then the car will start if they have blank honda keys. Someone in my area was just arrested and caught with the different immobilzers and abunch of honda keys! it sucks

IceD out N CALI
04-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Yeah I have a hard time believing these things after Type X pulled that stunt. But if its true, sorry bro. Maybe the things they take you can replace with JDM products. Good luck.

same here, it sucks, but hopefully after it is recovered u can replace with jdm

TrippZ
04-04-2003, 04:09 PM
watch it come back with a type r kit and a k20a2

:X

na man im jp, appologies from me

Honda02Si
04-04-2003, 04:21 PM
sorry about your civic, i hope you find it in one piece, update us and tell us what happened !

JDMEP3
04-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Dude that sucks, we are all feeling for you...but things are going to get better. When I had my old Si I got backed into by this big truck and he dented my hood really bad at first I was mad then I was like..mmmmmmm. carbon fiber..so I would be like...mmmmm JDM, Spoon, Mugen...:p Hang in there. As long as you have your recepts and a good insurence company there's no worries.

RiceCzechs
04-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss... assuming there was no broken glass or obvious signs of break-in, how do you imagine they got into your vehicle? Did you have any spare keys laying around?

Have you had a lot of work done on your car in different places? (i.e. the first place to look for stolen stereo equipment is the seedy shop you bought it off of). Miscreants who might've seen or worked on your car before might've taken the opportunity to look and see where you live, cut a key, etc.

Those are the places I would start...

I sure hope that you find your ride... keep us informed!

- CP

abc_kid
04-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the support guys. Right now I just have a case number. Insurance is going to get me a rental car for now. They say it's probably going to be a Hyundai Accent. The news just keeps on getting better....grumble, grumble.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Damn that sucks bro...
They prolly thought you had a Type R steering wheel...
j/k man...
i feel for you...
my wifes Acura was stolen a few weeks ago...
not a fun experience to go through...
Good Luck w/ everything...

gito
04-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Very sorry , I hope you find your Si very soon in perfect conditions!
What I don't understand is how the hell this idiots thief can open and start the car?! if every time you turn on your engine it gets different code with the key?!

golferjn
04-04-2003, 08:35 PM
sorry to hear that man. hope everything works out for you

siver-SI
04-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Just wondering did you have any kind of security system on the car? Also how did they get into the garage? Sorry to hear about your car man though.

nickw252
04-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Let us know how it gets taken care of with insurance.

iR-VTEC2
04-05-2003, 05:58 AM
honda has only ten codes for the immobilizer? i find that hard to believe. I was told that it has millions of combinations.

Im calling my honda dealer!!

Dunrick
04-05-2003, 09:00 AM
The kids first post is that his car is stolen? naaaah I dont buy it for a second

todaCspec
04-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
The kids first post is that his car is stolen? naaaah I dont buy it for a second

That's what i'm thinking, besides do you believe everything you read on the internet? Even if their is a way to get around the immobilizer, let's not post it on-line. Do you want everybody to know?

Use your imagination, if they really want it they will go to any extremes necessary. They could've of pushed out of the garage thru the driveway and had a flat bed waiting around the corner.
This is alot of work for a stock civic Si.

abc_kid
04-05-2003, 09:28 AM
I wish I was making this up. But here's the likely scenario of how the robber(s) got my car. My brother and I are parked behing each other in tandem (that's parking in LA for ya). Anyways, since our cars sometimes block each other, we have each other's spare keys in our cars to move them. My bro's car which wasn't stolen, was missing the si's keys as well as some valuables inside. So the guy who broke into our apartment's garage was snooping around cars hoping for some free stuff, but when he found a set of si keys, lo and behold, he got a free si. Yes, it was stupid of us to keep spares keys in our car. It won't happen again.

taikahn
04-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by abc_kid
I wish I was making this up. But here's the likely scenario of how the robber(s) got my car. My brother and I are parked behing each other in tandem (that's parking in LA for ya). Anyways, since our cars sometimes block each other, we have each other's spare keys in our cars to move them. My bro's car which wasn't stolen, was missing the si's keys as well as some valuables inside. So the guy who broke into our apartment's garage was snooping around cars hoping for some free stuff, but when he found a set of si keys, lo and behold, he got a free si. Yes, it was stupid of us to keep spares keys in our car. It won't happen again.

Dude -- Duh .......

Ok, now I am not so paranoid...

Has there been any thefts yet where the car was actually stolen and not simply driven away intact using the keys????

IceD out N CALI
04-05-2003, 10:11 AM
that explains it:confused:

siver-SI
04-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Does that now mean that person has a set of Keys to the other car since they were in your car?

abc_kid
04-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Does that now mean that person has a set of Keys to the other car since they were in your car?

Yeah, my bro is now putting like three security systems on his car, Club, one for the pedals (forget the name), and is looking to get a lojak or disabler keyswitch.

siver-SI
04-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Why not change the ingnition and door locks? I do not think a secutiy system is a bad thing that is the first thing I bought for my car but I would change the locks do to the other secutiy locks can all be broken with the same tool that cost about $95 online.

02NJHondaep3
04-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Hey maybe u didnt pay american honda and good ol repo man collected.Not even garages are safe from his wrath

minimay7
04-05-2003, 09:19 PM
we have each other's spare keys in our cars to move them.

Um... I don't know what to say... I live in LA. So, I understand your parking situation. But, that is a more reason to NOT put the car key in the car!!!

I really feel bad that this happened to you. But, I hope you will never, ever leave your car key in anybody's car!!!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-06-2003, 09:03 AM
so whats the deal w/ this...
will an insurance company even pay up since this was obviously the customers own fault...
might as well have just left it running for the guy...
DUH.

golferjn
04-07-2003, 10:25 PM
sorry about the news