PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust pipe 2.25 inches

BISDAK-R
04-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Hi guys i have a question before i changed my pipe my car was running 15.6 and i changed the pipe to 2.25 inches from the cat back and now my car is running 16s to 15.9s, can anyone help me to what the rationale of why im loosing power? and if you have any sugestion it would be of great help. THANKS

DjMacAtack
04-04-2003, 04:43 PM
did you forget to take off or replace the resonator???

jaydub
04-04-2003, 05:14 PM
because you need backpressure.

Glix
04-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by BISDAK-R
Hi guys i have a question before i changed my pipe my car was running 15.6 and i changed the pipe to 2.25 inches from the cat back and now my car is running 16s to 15.9s, can anyone help me to what the rationale of why im loosing power? and if you have any sugestion it would be of great help. THANKS

Do you have I/H? doing the midpipe mod is only worth wile if you actually increase intake flow. Otherwise all your doing is losing lots of torque.

BISDAK-R
04-04-2003, 06:43 PM
yes i did replace the resanator with a pipe the pipe goes all the way from the catback to the exhaust 2.25 inches. i also have intake and dc headers 4-1. also i am using rims that are about 3 to 5 pounds heavier than what i used when i hit 15.6 and i used the middle grade gas could all that have been the reason that i lost power? or gas and a little difference on the wheels wont matter. when i hit the 15.6 i was using my friend's wheels from a corrola wheigh about 30-32 lbs size 14 and this time i ran with the EX civics stock wheels wheigh about 35 lbs size 15. i really appreciate the help THANKS.

hamlet9634
04-04-2003, 10:37 PM
the simple answer is your wheels..

try swapping back to stock wheels and you'll be amazed at the difference..

people just don't understand how important unsprung weight is. We (me and docofmind and a few other guys) have been harping on this unsprung weight issue for months now, and it seems like somebody has an actual value that shows it..

swap wheels and you'll see..

and then get a lightweight brake kit and see the gain there (yup, in acceleration)