PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Racing Turbo Kit for the 2003 Civic Si(R)

Ultimate Racing
04-05-2003, 08:52 AM
Hey members, I'd like to introduce myself as Darryl from Ultimate Racing (http://www.ultimate-racing.com) in Toronto, Canada. We are one of Canada's largest import performance manufacturing shops!

In the next week, we will be introducing our newest addition to our Turbo Kit line-up...the Ultimate Racing Turbo Kit for the 2003 Honda Civic Si(R)!

This turbo kit will come completely bolt-on and plug & play! Like all our other turbo systems this kit will come completed pre-tuned with an electronic fuel control unit as well as larger injectors!

Other Honda/Acura turbo kits that we already have in production are the Honda S2000 (http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/Honda-US-S2KTurboKit.shtml) and the Acura RSX Type-S (http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/RSX-US-TurboKit.shtml) .

We will keep everyone posted with our progress. As always, Ultimate Racing will introduce the final product along with a finished Dyno Chart and a Dyno Video!

I have already contacted the webmaster in regards to becoming an official vendor for ephatch.com. So I will wait until we have ironed out all the details before I post more about our turbo kit and our company.

Thanks for your time guys!

Darryl

szm426
04-05-2003, 11:03 AM
How much does the kit cost? What parts are included? HOw much power gain? What psi are you running at those numbers? How much psi is it able to withstand? We neeed more info. thanks

Ultimate Racing
04-05-2003, 11:06 AM
We will have all that information available to you when we finalize our vendor status.

Thanks

Darryl

SmoothOperator
04-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Sweet!!! A LOCAL turbo manufacturer.!!

S2KplusSI
04-05-2003, 06:29 PM
I have an S2000 and on the S2000 boards, they have nothing but good things to say about the Ultimate Racing Turbo Kit. I may order one next year for my S as this year I am working on the exterior(paint job, body kit, wheels, etc.) I think this will be a good kit. Let us know the specs when you get them.

PoRT
04-05-2003, 07:11 PM
isthe Tye S kit different from the Si?? i have a Si with a K20A2 rsx-s motor.. how would that work?

ssvr6
04-05-2003, 07:29 PM
I'd like to commend you on a couple of points.

1) Thanks for making a turbo kit for our car. There seems to be so few tuners paying attn. Glad you're one of them.

2) Thanks for following our rules and setting up with DTH before you post everything. I really respect that.

Good luck, can't wait to hear the details.

Steve

StrangeShadow
04-06-2003, 12:41 AM
cool, can't wait to hear more =)

Jpax
04-06-2003, 12:55 AM
I would be interested in a turbo, for both my cars. Right now I'm Looking into a TDO4 for my EK , Do you have a set up for my EK, please PM me the details. :)

crex2nr
04-06-2003, 09:22 AM
i know that i would be interested in one of your turbo's. i cant wait to see some numbers :D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-06-2003, 05:29 PM
i just want a basic kit priced right...
kinda like the GReddy kit i bought for $1600...
that way you can slowly upgrade...
everyone's kit seems to be $3000-4500...
i'll be going the custom route unless someone like GReddy comes out with an inexpensive basic kit...
curious to see whats included in your kit, and the price...

bmx269
04-07-2003, 10:05 AM
I am interested aswell. I would like to get a turbo before Sept. and like the idea of supporting a Canadian company.

Tekdemon
04-07-2003, 10:00 PM
If it is cheap and reliable and has the return fuel line and everything...then I would probably be willing to drive up to Toronto to get it installed at your place since, after all, you guys designed the damn kit and I figure you'd know exactly how to install it...so I hope lol.

It's a long drive and I don't really care to be stuck in Canada without my car for days and days, but if the price is right and the performance is too I might go for it...

I guess we'll see...

This is gonna cost me mad $$ cuz of the hotel stay and crap. Bah!

IceD out N CALI
04-07-2003, 10:56 PM
sounds good, cant wait to hear more:)

vtec24
04-09-2003, 05:58 AM
Any more info on that turbo yet? Please let us know ASAP. Thanks!

Josh

JackHerer
04-09-2003, 08:55 AM
my car is the prototype for the kit. the kit is being work on as we speak. when i get more info i will let you know.

Brenetics
04-16-2003, 05:56 PM
well the turbo kit for the Type-S (http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/RSX-US-TurboKit.shtml) is 4700

so i wouldn't be surprised if it's around the same price.

Papa Bear
04-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Ya, that means $7500.00 plus another 15% tax for me (Canadian). That brings it up to $8650.00. No thanks.

Rueda del Queso
04-18-2003, 07:56 AM
You guys have a 15% sales tax? Ouch. I thought my 6% was bad.

Papa Bear
04-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Not all of Canada has 15%. I live in Ontario which has an 8% sales tax and then the feds tack on another 7% GST (goods and services tax). After exchange on the dollar and the taxes, my ep was about 28 grand! Why do you think I'm not driving a 350Z??

boostin
04-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Been lurking for a while on this board. I too am interested in the Turbo kit that Ultimate Racing is working on. As for pricing, I don't see why and how so many people, not saying this board in particular, but many of the other ones I have been to can compare a kit from in this example Ultimate Racing to Greddy.

I understand that Greddy has a name that everyone is familiar with and recognize, but has anybody actually compared the two kits? I did exactly that when I had a 93 Hatch and was interested in turbo charging my car.

Greddy obviously has the name and ability to market and build a kit for a lot less than other shops, but when you break the kit down and look at what you get, it's not that great of a deal. When you pay other shops (Ultimate Racing) you are not only paying for the turbo kit, but the quality, workmanship and components that are used and included.

If the Civic kit is going to be of the same quality and caliber as their RSX kit, it's definitely going to be worth every penny. If you check out the RSX page you will see that Ultimate Racing and Cybernation are the two companies talked about most, and if you look at their kits, you will see that it's well worth the money. Also I have heard that Ultimate Racing has a very good customer support and it's local to Toronto, so I know for a fact that if I were to have a problem it would definitely be resolved quicker than if I had to call Greddy and or ship parts back for them to check.

Just my .02

SmoothOperator
04-22-2003, 12:37 PM
. Also I have heard that Ultimate Racing has a very good customer support and it's local to Toronto, so I know for a fact that if I were to have a problem it would definitely be resolved quicker than if I had to call Greddy and or ship parts back for them to check.
That right there is enough for me to go with Ultimate...just the fact that they're local, gives them bonus points in my book.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by boostin
Been lurking for a while on this board. I too am interested in the Turbo kit that Ultimate Racing is working on. As for pricing, I don't see why and how so many people, not saying this board in particular, but many of the other ones I have been to can compare a kit from in this example Ultimate Racing to Greddy.

I understand that Greddy has a name that everyone is familiar with and recognize, but has anybody actually compared the two kits? I did exactly that when I had a 93 Hatch and was interested in turbo charging my car.

Greddy obviously has the name and ability to market and build a kit for a lot less than other shops, but when you break the kit down and look at what you get, it's not that great of a deal. When you pay other shops (Ultimate Racing) you are not only paying for the turbo kit, but the quality, workmanship and components that are used and included.

If the Civic kit is going to be of the same quality and caliber as their RSX kit, it's definitely going to be worth every penny. If you check out the RSX page you will see that Ultimate Racing and Cybernation are the two companies talked about most, and if you look at their kits, you will see that it's well worth the money. Also I have heard that Ultimate Racing has a very good customer support and it's local to Toronto, so I know for a fact that if I were to have a problem it would definitely be resolved quicker than if I had to call Greddy and or ship parts back for them to check.

Just my .02

Dont knock GReddy.
You can not beat their civic offerings for the dollar.
Where else can you turbo your civic for $1599?
The quality of the kit is unreal.
Mandrel bent piping (no sloppy welds).
PROPERLY size turbo with NO LAG.
Fit is PERFECT in all aspects, no need to modify ANYTHING.
OK, so for $1599 you may not get huge injectors, a fancy FMU or electronic fuel controller...but you DO get a turbo under your hood that you can UPGRADE AS YOU LIKE, with personally chosen parts, like I did on my last civic.
GReddy kit gets knocked because it uses a tiny TD-04 (T-25) sized turbo, but when tuned at 15psi that turbo can put down some pretty healthy numbers (289hp at the wheels out of a D16y8- 1.6L sohc vtec, in my case).

I would prefer to pick and choose parts at will and slowly upgrade a kit, as i save money.
If you got $5k-6k to drop on a "complete" turbo kit, god bless you.
But for those of us under-employed, unemployed, college student- types, GReddy (or another similarly priced basic kit) is the way to go.
So we have to run low boost for a while, its better than nothing.

Any car i own is naked w/o positive manifold pressure.

sniperSI
04-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Yes, all the turbots coming out for our cars, or projected for our cars cost huge amounts of money. Any vendor willing to price a bare bones turbo kit, that is bolt on and high quality with ability to build would have a niche not yet seen for our cars, and I think would benefit greatly from it.

Please don't be just another turbo manufacture we put on a pedestal waiting for the day we have 5k, be one we can keep coming back to with money, as well as offering a reasonably priced solution for instant hp at a decent price.

Just my 2 cents.

boostin
04-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

Dont knock GReddy.
The quality of the kit is unreal.
Mandrel bent piping (no sloppy welds).
PROPERLY size turbo with NO LAG.

I would prefer to pick and choose parts at will and slowly upgrade a kit, as i save money.
If you got $5k-6k to drop on a "complete" turbo kit, god bless you.
But for those of us under-employed, unemployed, college student- types, GReddy (or another similarly priced basic kit) is the way to go.
So we have to run low boost for a while, its better than nothing.

Any car i own is naked w/o positive manifold pressure.

I was not knocking, like I said, I originally was going to buy also a Greddy kit because of the cost. I have nothing against them, but I am just stating that a lot of people in general like to compare the Greddy kit to the kits offered by Ultimate Racing, Cybernation, etc.

As for the quality, yes they do use nice pipes, but they are only mild steal, as for welds, if you look at the finished products from Ultimate Racing, they are all polished, you don't really see the welds.

But I will agree, if cost is number one, then I too would buy Greddy, but if I am looking for quality, power and over upgradeability I would go for a custom kit from the other vendors because what they have to offer is better customer service and in my opinion better parts.

As for the lag, if a turbo is properly sized, there will be no lag or at least no lag where it matters. Anyways, how about we all just sit tight and see what Ultimate Racing has to offer, I can't wait to see the final product.

2K2SilverSi
05-05-2003, 09:14 PM
I dont know I have heard bad things about turbo kits from greddy. one of my friends had a greddy kit on his miata and he had his turbo manifold fall to peices on him twice because of bad weld jobs. the second one fell apart in less than 6 months.

BoostingMike
05-12-2003, 09:22 AM
what you pay for is what you get. when you go with a turbo kit from drag or greddy...you are not getting quality.

first off, the piping is generally NEVER stainless steel. usually they use mild steel or an aluminized steel of some sort. they use tube and fin intercooler cores which are the lowest of the low. Stainless steel piping and a Bar and Plate type intercooler are definitely the way to go!

Tekdemon
05-13-2003, 02:35 AM
so what does HKS use? I'm just curious =P I'm pretty certain that HKS's reputation comes from somewhere...and from what I know their reputation is good...

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 2K2SilverSi
I dont know I have heard bad things about turbo kits from greddy. one of my friends had a greddy kit on his miata and he had his turbo manifold fall to peices on him twice because of bad weld jobs. the second one fell apart in less than 6 months.

GReddy manifold is CAST IRON (ie: NO WELDS).
Somehow i doubt that would just "fall apart".
I had the GReddy kit on my civic for about 3 years.
Did not have a single problem w/ the kit.
I sold it to my friend and it STILL runs great, 7 years later!

Z-49
05-13-2003, 05:55 PM
do you plan on making it 50 state legal? eta, month? year?

swampdonkey
05-16-2003, 11:23 AM
I have never heard anything bad about greddy and they seem to have a very good rep with magazines. I will probably get a kit from them because of the prices if they produce a basic kit.