PDA

View Full Version : What should i do next?

SiMecoming
04-05-2003, 07:23 PM
So far these are the mods i have done to my Civic SI:

Neuspeed Short Shifter
Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Bar
Neuspeed Rear Upper Strut Bar
Neuspeed Front Lower Cross Brace
Progress Rear Sway bar
Progress Rear Lower Tie Bar
Progress Front Sway Bar
Injen CAI.

With what I have done now the car handles very well compared to stock. I took it back to honda to the dealer who sold me my SI and he got in and was impressed.
But I want to do more guys the only thing is i want to get a Turbo system when one comes out and has been out for a while to work all the bugs out. Also i dont wanna lower the car or get rims until a good set of shocks have been released. I really want to make this car all performance i have a 1998 cavalier convertible that i turned into a pure show car. So this car my new project car all performance total sleeper to so no body kits.
Any help on what you all think i should do next would be awsome thanks Guys!

civicSIracer
04-05-2003, 08:05 PM
you can always get a header and exhaust.. but that kinda kills the sleeper.. maybe a midpipe..

Suk02Si
04-07-2003, 12:55 AM
JIC :o

SiMecoming
04-07-2003, 01:00 AM
I was thinking this guys let me know:
Tien flex of JIC coilovers
Hi-flow cat
2.25 midpipe for now 2.5 when turbo comes in
HKS Carbon Ti Muffler

What do you think?

tsa1
04-07-2003, 01:10 AM
hmm
-yes( definetley get this first)
-yes
- how bout a comptech header or cat back( its not too agressive)

SiMecoming
04-07-2003, 01:31 AM
ive heard some bad things about comptech which is why i wont go to them... and a head if im going to get a turbo why bother wasting themoney on a header right now. I wasted a lot of money on my other car getting itthe way i want it did a few things twice. Dont wanna do that this time.
So i think the first thing ill do next is get a set of tien flex coil overs or JIC coil overs. Which do you guys think is better. And then ill just get a hi-flow cat along with my custom mid pipe at 2.25 n then my HKS Carbon Ti muffler. (i really like the way it looks) it was either that or the Apexi N1. I can get the HKS Carbon Ti for a lil above 200. So its a smokin deal.

tsa1
04-07-2003, 05:29 PM
yeah i would get the full tein or JIC suspension first then worry about the other stuff.

KickerSi
04-07-2003, 06:23 PM
If I had the money I would get Tein Flex. To keep the sleeper image why not go with Borla exhaust? Dont like a US name on your Honda? BTW How do you like your short shifter? Are you still on stock tires too?

SiMecoming
04-07-2003, 06:35 PM
yes im still on stock tires and i like my short shifter very much. it took a while to re adjust to teh even shorter throws but now it feels like nothing. As far as the boral exhaust ive got a lot of import friends who are all turbo nuts and for the application that im going to running the HKS seems to be the better choice, its either the HKS Carbon Ti or the Apex N1. I like the titanium and carbon fiber look of the HKS. I have magnaflows on my cavalier. So the US name doesnt bother me. I know borla is an excellent company. I was also thinking of putting the HKS silencer insert in the carbon Ti muffler to quiet it down bout 7db's.

So you would go with the tien flex's if you had the money? I think they are like $1860.. DAYUM thats a lot. These would be better then the JIC's

One last thing would any hi-flow cat work on our cars or do i need a certain type of one. I know stupid question but i thought id ask.

KickerSi
04-07-2003, 06:42 PM
I belive any hi-flow cat will work. I dont know if they some in different input sizes. Also, from what place did you find all your suspension goodies? I want to do the same thing, these cars need better handling.

SiMecoming
04-07-2003, 06:44 PM
thru TornActive and ShowstoppersUSA, and Red Line Autosports....these guys are great!