PDA

View Full Version : does New car Warrentee cover the windshield?

idrive
04-05-2003, 07:24 PM
fawkin rock kicked up from the car in front of me... smacked my windshield... now i have a crack... GRRRRR

blueiedgod
04-05-2003, 08:53 PM
the new car warrantee does not cover windshields broken by road debris. your insurance may though. if you have full glass coverage it won't cost you a penny, if you don't then it is your deductible to have the windshield replaced. some companies will waive your deductible if you get it repaired ubstead of replacing. in my personal experice, repair is not perfect, you will still see hair line damage.
good luck. use search, the topic has been covered.

ghettoprettie
04-05-2003, 10:55 PM
sup bro...i jus had the same problem...i posted it up recently...so take a look at everyones replies

kingxchat
04-05-2003, 11:56 PM
yea i had that problem b4 but it just broke on itself any no it don't cover glass i already called and ask too :(

Max
04-06-2003, 12:39 AM
I just replace my windshield two days ago, we should make a complaint to Honda about their weak ass shit, and yes they are weak. Hondas windshields are complete garbage. What a waste of $250.

crex2nr
04-06-2003, 09:50 AM
you paid 250 for the windshield. was that a honda windshield or aftermarket like lof or pilkington?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-06-2003, 05:25 PM
i would never do this personally...:o
but "a friend of mine" does this every time he gets a cracked windshield...
he drives around until he finds a big dump truck or semi w/ name/phone number/etc on the side of the truck...
writes down the time/location/plate #/phone #/etc...
goes home, calls the number and says the truck dropped a rock that kicked up and shattered his windshield...
couple weeks later you get a check from their insurance company.

or you could just drop like $400 for a new windshield. ;)

Max
04-06-2003, 10:08 PM
It was honda windshield, but I got it from windshield repair place, my total with windshield and installation, tax was 279.