PDA

View Full Version : neuspeed race springs MY VIEWS

team ERA 5
04-05-2003, 10:21 PM
IVE HAD THE RACE SPRINGS FOR 2 1/2 WEEKS and i love em....nice low stance...only scraped once with them on im guessing its because our eps ride so high...but yea i love em...the ride is nowhere near the stock ride but its duable...
to sum it all up...NEUSPEED RACE SPRINGS ARE THE WAY TO GO!!!
Quality : 9
Price: 9
Drop: 10
Performance: 9
Ride: 7 1/2

chubbychu
04-05-2003, 10:24 PM
okay...so how do them compare to the progress springs or eibach prokits?

SinisterCivicSi
04-05-2003, 10:27 PM
got a pic of the new lowered ep? would lvoe to see it. i have the neuspeed race springs also but havent put them on yet....curious to see how it looks.

team ERA 5
04-05-2003, 10:32 PM
neuspeed race

chubbychu
04-05-2003, 10:34 PM
era- niceeeeeeeeeeeee

and clearance issues? how about rubbing on the fender area (or anywhere around there?)

CleanBlackSi02
04-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Mine dont rub at all with a 215/40/17....

team ERA 5
04-05-2003, 10:49 PM
no rubbbing at all...w/ my stockies...i bust u turns till my wheel stops turning and dont hear any rubbbing nothing at all....PERFECT...oh yea it might look low but i dont scrap (ONLY ONCE AND THAT WAS THE RUBBER THING UNDER THE BUMPER)...IT MUST BE THE RICER TURNING WHEN I UP AND DOWN BIG DIPS haha ive master the "rice turn"...but yea ULL LOVE EM go gettttt em

chubbychu
04-05-2003, 10:52 PM
are they tucked into the well? or is there still gap? i want to lower BUT i dont wanna go all out...because some of the roads around here require some clearance...not to mention driveways.

team ERA 5
04-05-2003, 10:57 PM
WELL WENT PEOPLE SIT IN THE BACK I HAVE WHEEL TUCK.....BUT YEA I HAVE A 1 FINGER IN THE FRONT AND A 1.5 FINGER IN THE BACK...:)

chubbychu
04-05-2003, 11:03 PM
1 finger? wow thats pretty dropped....thats 2 inches right? hmm maybe i should get the sports? iuno if .5 is gonna matter though

team ERA 5
04-05-2003, 11:11 PM
TRUST ME DOOODE....go with the race...U WONT REGRET IT....ive been to the mean dips....and downtown where yea the roads are PRETTTY $$HITTY...HAVENT SCRAPED....BUT whatever floats ur boat....NEUSPEED IS JUST RIGHT!!!...I WAS SCARED TOO BUT AFTER I SAW IT.....its beautiful man

chubbychu
04-05-2003, 11:32 PM
after a little research.....2 inches doesnt look THATTTT BAD...it actually looks like a car now...

i read the progress springs drop 1.8 which sounds so good...but im not sure about the quailty.
and than i read about the eibach sportlines...only 1.5 drop. not extreme looking still kinda plain...but superior quaility.

Im worried about saggin with the neuspeeds. but other than that 2 inches would be o...kaay i guess.... wait...can you post a closeup of wheel gap?

jandetuning
04-06-2003, 01:01 AM
5 days. The time it took for UPS to get me my Eibach pro kit after I installed my Neuspeed Race springs. That week seemed like an eternity. It was an extremely harsh ride, and the roads here in San Diego aren't all that bad. Granted, I have 205/40/17 wheels and tires, but riding on the bumpstops is the last thing I want to do in a new car.

chubbychu
04-06-2003, 01:44 AM
uh oh opposition...what to do what to do.....the drop is perfect for the neuspeed and i was sold but now i have no clue what to get now. maybe some sportlines? 1.5 drop?

marcryan27
04-06-2003, 04:51 AM
you said 1 finger clearance in front and 1 1/2 finger in rear...

can i see apic of thr front and rear clearance? this would help me bigtime in deciding which lowering spring to buy..

thanks!

SiRRider
04-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Not to be pushy but could you show some daytime pics instead of the night time pics. Can get a feel for the drop but its not clear. An maybe a close up shot 2. I am very interested in the neuspeed springs an 2 me 2 inches on the Ep is not extreme. On a mazdaspeed yes it is extreme. our wheel gap is large. Thanks

jandetuning
04-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by SiRRider
Not to be pushy but could you show some daytime pics instead of the night time pics. Can get a feel for the drop but its not clear. An maybe a close up shot 2. I am very interested in the neuspeed springs an 2 me 2 inches on the Ep is not extreme. On a mazdaspeed yes it is extreme. our wheel gap is large. Thanks

As far as the look with the Neuspeed Race, it was far better than my Eibach pro-kit. with the Neuspeeds you will need a camber kit for the rear at least, because you will go at least 3 degrees negative. On the front, you would see around 1 - 1.5 degrees negative camber. Real world lowering of the Neuspeed Race springs was 2.25" in the front, and 2.5" in the rear. I agree the wheel gap on the EP stock is huge, at around 3 inches, but remember that you are giving up 2+ inches of compression travel with the stock struts fitted with Neuspeed Race springs. The only proper way to get a decent ride height with good ride quality is to go with an aftermarket spring/strut combo.

todaCspec
04-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Neuspeed race springs work perfectly w/Koni sport shocks. Ride quality is excellent. It is best to get a camber kit.

SiRRider
04-06-2003, 06:14 PM
I dont have much experience with camber kits. are they hard to install???

goy091
04-06-2003, 06:20 PM
all i can say is. Got Camber? hahaha looks good though, you need a rear camber kit.

team ERA 5
04-06-2003, 11:10 PM
yea i got a camber kit in that picture i havent had time to get it aligned....BUT YEA GET UR CAMBER KIT FROM www.importhorizon.com very inexpensive place $117 for the rear and i think if i remember correctly $30 for the front.....free shipping tooo.....THAT WAS MY FRIENDS DIGITAL CAMERA BUT YEA ILL BORROW IT SOME TIME TO TAKE SOME PICS OF MY WHEEL GAP...

team ERA 5
04-06-2003, 11:17 PM
where in san diego do u live jandetuning ??? i live in chula vista/ eastlake area... but in mira mesa/san marcos all the time

cj miller
04-06-2003, 11:59 PM
i raced you todau tem era. i had the worst start but oh well. your a good racer man. your starts are good and your shifting is clean. anyway very nice couple of races today.

tsa1
04-07-2003, 01:25 AM
That is one nice house man. so whatr happens if you dont get a camber kit? will yout tires wear un even? and is it hard to install? Can my uncle pablo or ernesto install them at his cheap shop? hehe you know what i mean.

Acidburn
04-07-2003, 03:37 AM
I've driven an EP with Tien Springs (my cousin) and an EP with Neuspeed Springs (my friend), and to compare the two -

- Neuspeeds look a lot better with the aggressive stance, but the ride is really bad compared to the Tien Springs, and of course you need a camber kit ...I dunno, but drove through some rough roads and man, are those springs stiff...handles great though

- Tien rode a lot better compared to Neuspeed, but its an OK drop, and you don't need camber....the only thing is it doesnt look as good as the Neuspeeds

I'd go for Neuspeeds for strictly looks, but overall Tiens do ok :D

*keep in mind this is my own opinion

todaCspec
04-07-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Acidburn

- Tien rode a lot better compared to Neuspeed, but its an OK drop, and you don't need camber....
*keep in mind this is my own opinion

Is this by a visual check or by an alignment shop?

fsugatorbait
04-07-2003, 07:36 AM
you will need a camber kit in the rear with the Tein's, and if you want perfect camber in the front you will need one for that too. Ive had my Teins on for about 3 weeks, love the look, ill deal with the 1/2 inch difference in drop for the quality of the ride...plus there TEIN.

MoodySi
04-07-2003, 10:44 AM
For a 1.5" drop you don't really need a camber kit, I asked 2 alignment shops and they verified it. I have the Tein springs and I have to drive very carefully because I scrape going out of my driveway every dam day waiting for the rubber piece to fall off the front bumper.

esmith13
04-07-2003, 07:59 PM
I hafta agree with team ERA 5...

Had my Neuspeed race springs for 3 days now...

Quality : 9
Price: 10
Drop: 10
Performance: 9
Ride: 7

Paid $120 +20 shipping on ebay for mine.

Got SPC Camber kit (front & rear) from ShowStoppers for $180

Had a mechanic friend do a professional install. He's a domestic muscle car freak, and hates rice, but even he agreed that these springs make the car look like it should from the factory. He claimed that the springs were definately maid just for this car due to a perfict fit without any modifications. Oh, and that the SPC Camber kit was a Superior product as well.

Ride is OK considering it's 2" less travel for the shocks... DEFINATELY need aftermarket ones ASAP tho...

Eric