PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about my setup?

jereds02si
04-06-2003, 01:35 AM
I have this so far...

Alpine 7864 head unit 23 watts rms
infinity 6.5 rear speakers
2 Rockford Fosgate HE2 12"s
Rockford Fosgate 200a4 runnin subs (I need more power)

coming soon...

Rockford Fosgate 1000bd amplifier
6.5 component speakers
running 200a4 to compents
Rockford Fosgate 1 farad cap
custom tuned SPL box
and probably some dynamat for the extreme vibrations

gimme some feeback on what i should do to make my system sound better. Any sugestions would be helpful.

Jpax
04-06-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by jereds02si

gimme some feeback on what i should do to make my system sound better. Any sugestions would be helpful.

Sound Better ?

Ummmmmm Buy a set of B&W 801's and put them in the hatch area, then power them with a pair of mark levension mono blocks,Then source them with a NAK 500 Cd player. They should sound good, but have poor imageing Quality...

Ocelaris
04-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Personally, I would spend at least as much on your components if not more than on your subs. 1x12" sub with decent power is enough to do hearing damage, especially in the EP. Get rid of the 2x12s and put in a nicer 10" woofer, say maybe a focal or Dynaudio. I would disable the rear speakers pronto, and do some work on the sound proofing. put your money where the frequencies you listen to. If all you listen to is Bass, then maybe you're headed in the right direction, Otherwise lay off the bass and sink some money into some good components for up front, they'll play down to 100Hz fine, leaving your sub to carry only 40-100Hz. Ocelaris

napapacoda
04-09-2003, 10:58 PM
ahh, Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want my sub going to 100hz. I cut mine off at around 80 hz. just leave the gap between 80-100hz. Unless im mistaken it wont matter (if I am let me know, I have my speakers high passed at 125hz)

Ocelaris
04-09-2003, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't want my sub going to 100hz. I cut mine off at around 80 hz. just leave the gap between 80-100hz. Unless im mistaken it wont matter (if I am let me know, I have my speakers high passed at 125hz)

That's a good question, and I'm no expert, but I like my a/d/s/ 5.25" front components going down to 100hz with a 18 db roll off. and the sub at 100hz with a 18db roll off as well. I think it depends on how steep your slope of your cut off point is... But the "bass up front" idea is what led me to my current configuration.

I'm also putting a good 100watts per channel into them as well... sound incredible as far as I'm concerned. If any more knowledgable persons could talk about crossover points I'd be appreciative as well. My 10w6 plays upto 100hz well I think, as I don't listen to that much bass heavy music, anyways it sounds good to me. I just thought that not very much music used the 40-80hz range, that you get alot more out of your sub putting it upto 100hz. Thoughts?

jaydub
04-10-2003, 08:45 AM
I don't know a whole lot about crossover points, but I believe you're on the right track. The only thing I was going to say is that bass below a certain frequency (80-90Hz) is NOT supposed to be location based, i.e. you can't tell where it's coming from. Bass waves are supposed to be more difficult to distinguish where they originate. If you can "tell" where your subwoofer is, more than likely you have them low-passed too high. I've got my CDT Components high passed at 63Hz, and my subs will be low passed at 80Hz.