PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful Sunday ride in the Ep

snubnose
04-06-2003, 11:23 AM
This Sunday at about 1:00 pm I decided to go for a ride in my black '02 Si, although I had nowhere to go. The temp is a sunny 55 degrees and perfect, although tomorrow it's going to be cold and rainy.

I start the car and immediately feel at home. I tilt the moonroof open and put the fan on the third blowing notch at the coolest setting. There is plenty of air and light in my cabin.

I marvel again at the simplicity and quality of the interior.

I take the Si south on Route I where there is plenty of open country and quaint scenery- antique stores and old, vintage motorcycle shops. Today, I decide to keep the revs conservative and simply cruise in a higher gear. Nevertheless, I am amazed at the zip and smoothness even at a mere 3,000 rpm.

The Si patiently blends in with the rest of traffic because that is what I ask of it, although it wants to break free and run like a gazelle through an open field.

The other drivers are clearly involved in the drudgery of driving; I am having the time of my life. Every switch and control in my car has a quality feel, very similar to the controls on any well-made machine.

When I finally arrive home after a flawless ride, there is an unspoken understanding between me and my car; we understand each other and respond to each other. There is a close relationship between a car and its owner.

Jpax
04-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Very cool. We have group drives, were we go to mount vernion then through Deception pass, and then to whidby island, and take the ferry over to mukelteo, and eat lunch or dinner at the ivars there at the ferry dock.

Its a great drive and the area is beatuifull. We all jsut cruse we dont race its great because we have between 5-10 cars goign and people come by and ask us questions about our cars when we stop. its cool to see other people interested in cars also.

Keyser_Soze
04-06-2003, 01:07 PM
God man i got mine yesterday and it just feels ment to be i love the car it loves me!! Everything is just so smooth about the car *bump* shit damn intrax springs lol nah i love them they make it soooo rigid!! But for real i went and played a lil tennis today and then just drove around fr 30 minutes basking(sp?) in the glory of my new beautiful machine!!:D But damn first gets to that redline sooooo fast lol and it just wants to fly past it lol damnit where hondata right about now lol i gotta get the hook up!:D ;)

siver-SI
04-06-2003, 01:52 PM
After having my car for a Month and working 12 hour days I finaly got out and drove it for a few hours. I drove all the way to Shumburg to get to the Car Boutique and with construction got a little turned around but I did not mind at all because I was getting use to driving around town and just relaxing. Then on the way home I did not do the back roads as much and got onto 53 to open her up a little. Even though it was cool and damp out and I have the head on and windows closed it was still a great day to waste 4 hours to get some $15 PIAA bulbs for my sidemarkers. Wasted some gas but who cares.

The funny think is now I finnaly found out how to get everything adjusted for my blind spots since out by me I do not drive any 4 lane roads on the way to work. I have to say doing 70-80MPH in 5th at 3000-3250 RPMs the engine was very quiet and still had some power to pass if I needed it. I would love to see a 6th gear in the car but o well what can I do but by a new trans. LOL

I like the stiff seats just found out that I have to take out my wellet from my back pocket becasue it does not feel good when sitting on it for a few hours. That was my only complaint from yesterday.

BlackBullet02Si
04-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Yep, i agree with all you guys. I've had my EP from a little over a month, and it seems like it'll never get old. Yeah, it's been said before and I'll say it again - we probably could use a 6th gear. But then again, every car has some way it could be made better by those who made it. I always take the long way home, and always offer to drive everyone everywhere. I might even think about taking her out to some autocrosses, but I'll have to keep it stock for right now - no money. So we'll see. Regardless, today was a great day for a drive.