PDA

View Full Version : manifold and spark plug covers: red or silver?

Sivicboi
04-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Whats up to all y'all eps out there. I'm planning to paint my dull black manifold cover and I wanted your thoughts. Should I paint it silver or should I get loud and paint it red? Sorta like the milano red type r color. I have a silver ep and I think either silver or red would look tight. Oh yeah, I also want to paint the spark plug cover too. Before I do all this shiat. Is painting my covers ok? I was wandering if I spray paint my manifold and spark plug covers will the paint be affected by the heat from the manifold and the coil packs? I wanna do this mod b/c its easy, will look tight, and cuz I'm a broke ass 17 yr. hehe.... so please give me your opinions. :)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-06-2003, 05:12 PM
use hi-temp paint for the valve cover, good luck finding a match to milano red though...personally i say just paint your I/M cover silver and call it a day...

raiyo
04-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Sivicboi
I'm a broke ass 17 yr. hehe.... so please give me your opinions. :)

broke ass and driving a new si? geez, when i was 17 all i did was walk and bus. :'(

SinisterCivicSi
04-06-2003, 06:14 PM
17 yrs old??? shoot! my parents bought me a 1990 Chevy Cavalier and i was thrilled, until it went through 3 cylinder heads, radiator, heat core, radiator fan, altinater (sp), shocks, struts, too many sets of brakes, a/c unit (recharged like 6 times when freon was legal to use - i think) ummmmmmmm.....i cant think of anymore. needless to say, my parents were the broke ass ones....guess they should have thought twice for buying a used car from enterprise......DUH
that car got me where i am today, a honda owner......i wouldnt own an american car if you gave one to me now....hondas have spoiled me

JSIR
04-06-2003, 07:22 PM
well here is a pic. of a painted spark plug cover on my car, check out the link. I have the silver type R engine cover. For the spark plug cover I just painted it with chrome Duplicolor paint and clearcoated it with a couple protective coats. It hasn't peeled at all and holds up fine under heat. Cheap and effective mod IMO.
I like silver as it matches the valvecover and engine cover , saves a lot of money not having to buy a red type r valvecover and still looks quite good.

check out the link, there are three pics in the link , one is of the engine bay. Click on view pictures then hit play.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33ac17a25f6

Joey

SinisterCivicSi
04-06-2003, 08:03 PM
that looks very nice, i am going to have to definatly do that mod when i get the chance.