PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here on Oahu?

LeperCon
04-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey all, just wondering if anyone on this forum is out on Oahu. I'm moving there in the next week, and was curious as to the car scene. Hope to hear back.

ek9jdmhb
04-06-2003, 10:16 PM
im gonna move there in about 1 more year. all i need to do is get a 3.0 and i can get half off at HPU.

Lost03si
04-06-2003, 10:33 PM
I'm form Oahu :D

IceD out N CALI
04-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Lost03si
I'm form Oahu :D

ahhh, life in paradise-must be nice

iR-VTEC2
04-07-2003, 12:48 AM
The import scene in Oahu is pretty good. SOOO many ricers tho. Watch out tho, there's cops in riced out cars (so i've heard)

sleepinEP3
04-07-2003, 03:44 AM
right here.
so what part of the island are you gonna be living at?

StrangeShadow
04-07-2003, 05:52 AM
im gonna move there in about 1 more year. all i need to do is get a 3.0 and i can get half off at HPU.
hey! I was planning on applying (transfer) there probably in about a year. :)

Lost03si
04-07-2003, 05:28 PM
life here is pretty good and yeah the cop's do have nice ride's. I have seen a 12 second cop car b4

LeperCon
04-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure, wherever the Navy barracks are, I guess. In case you didn't know, I'm one of the sorry bastards who is in the military :) J/K, its not that bad. Anyhow, I was hoping to hook up with some other enthusiasts out there. I'll be flying out the 17th, but don't know when my car is gonna get there. Thanks for the responses guys.

carbonSI
04-08-2003, 01:15 AM
lived on oahu for 15 years, and now im about as far from the rock as possible, south carolina... isnt it ironic? haha the scene down there is insane... and theres alotta really good shops, its basically a broken off part of cali... -mike

StrangeShadow
04-08-2003, 11:21 AM
life here is pretty good and yeah the cop's do have nice ride's. I have seen a 12 second cop car b4
lol sweet sortof... I keep telling a cop friend of mine over here in cali that if he really wants to be able to catch us, they need to get away from their fords and start rinding in some suped imports...would kind of suck though to have 12 sec cops riding around...think we actually have ONE...in a z28...

ek9jdmhb
04-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Lost03si
I was in waikiki 2 years ago, and got pulled over by a police on foot:eek:

carbonSI
04-08-2003, 01:55 PM
speedin on sidewalks are 2 points in hawaii :D but theres a few undercovers with some tight imports, their purpose is to get you to wanna race, and when your about to, all you see is blue lights, and NOOO it is not a ricer :eek: haha -mike

sleepinEP3
04-08-2003, 03:00 PM
I cant even drive through Waikiki, if youre car is modified 8 of 10 times you drive through youll get tagged. ek9- my first ticket was from a officer on foot in Waikiki back in the day for "no seatbelt"

Not too many undercover Imports anymore, more like Camaros, Mustangs, Explorers like that without a light on top to try to catch you. but they all have a 3-loop antenna on their car for their radio so theyre not that hard to spot. every now and then youll see a maxima, saturn, sienna, avalon, or even Xterras. Xterras are the worst because their roof rack covers 3/4s of their blue light:(

the only other downside is "Recon" if you modify youre car you have to get it certified once in order for it to be deemed "safe". were the only place in the U.S. with this bullsh!t law[TAX]. even the other islands dont have it. but yeah if you dont have a recon permit/sticker on youre car the penalty is a $55 ticket. also you need to pay another $15 to the state each year for a safety check that you can get done at any gas station. but no recon=no safety check unless you got a hook-up;) there's only one Recon station on the island, its open only one day a week, for 4 hrs only. if you modify youre car AFTER so much as changing tire size from 205 to say 215 the police can rip up your recon papers on the spot and make you peel your sticker. so i just say fu*k it and pay the $55 whenever i get tagged.

but enough with the negative. the weather is great, the beaches are great the women are beautiful. the buds are great, the people are pretty cool but the roads pretty much suck:o
Lepercon- i fgure youll prolly be stationed at Pearl Harbor which is like 10-15 mins from town. i live like 2 mins away from downtown. so you gonna be shipping your Ep over? ive only seen one other black one at the last cruise. well pm me when you get over and get settled and we'll chill sometime.

ek9jdmhb
04-08-2003, 03:08 PM
sleepinep3, have you ever been to tantluss (i dont know how you spell that)? My friend crashed his car there off a small cliff

sleepinEP3
04-08-2003, 03:19 PM
its like 5 mins from my house. people crash their car there all the time. after dark its the drifting spot. you go chill at a lookout and all you hear is tires screaming in the distance. no ass dragging for me untill i take off the center console and tighten the e-brake cable. damn honda:(

Lost03si
04-08-2003, 05:36 PM
Tantlus is the shitz :D only been there a few times but it is sooo fun watching them going to action. I live on the other side of oahu (country side) and we are the only EP3 on the leeward coast. So far I have seen around maybe 5 EP3's around the island most of them are stock (plus us)
:D
-Mark

ek9jdmhb
04-08-2003, 05:42 PM
do any of you guys bodyboard? When i go there this summer, my cousin always brings me to white plains beach because its so close to his house. maybe we can meet up.

sleepinEP3
04-08-2003, 06:07 PM
where is white plains beach? when im not at work im usually at sandy beach bodyboarding or bodysurfing the shorebreak.

ek9jdmhb
04-08-2003, 06:09 PM
white plains is at the old military base inbetween makakilo and ewa beach.

CleanBlackSi02
04-08-2003, 09:26 PM
I grew up in Kailua...I wish it wasn't such a far trip from Florida!!

carbonSI
04-08-2003, 10:02 PM
white plains in at barbers point, that was about... 3 minutes from where i used to live, bringing back them memories haha but i used to sponge allll the time, got hooked up at local motion/mazzo, it sucks that i cant just "go to the beach" cause thats a few hours from where im at :'( anyways, ill be round, good to hear about home again :D -mike

LeperCon
04-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Pretty funny that you mention SC, as I'm moving from Charleston to Oahu :) Anyhow, Yes i am shipping my EP Sleepin. Don't know for sure when it will arrive, but i will be around in it :) Needs washed BAD right now. Anyhow, it's nice to hear from you guys. They should put a Hawaii section in the areas. Didn't see one on this forum. Joke for you guys:

They called a meeting to day of all of Saddam's doubles. First thing they told them is "We have good news and bad news. Good News is Saddam is alive." There was obviously much rejoicing at this, but then... "The bad news is that he has lost an arm. Please line up quietly now..."

Thought you guys might like that. Anyhow, I'm out. Peace.

StrangeShadow
04-09-2003, 10:28 PM
lol funny joke