PDA

View Full Version : sus. prob

1abSi
04-07-2003, 10:23 AM
well I lowered my car on progress....i used everything i was supposed to and double checked the botls and everything twice....but whn i hit bigger bumps (nothing huge, but just somehting you notice, or SLOW going over speed bumps) i get a loud clunking in the front. and i used those plastic things to put on the coils. any help ould be appreciated!!

phatsi
04-07-2003, 06:10 PM
did you make sure the spring ends where seated perfectly in the top mount and the bottom... if its off you might have to jack it up and check and if not redo them...i just put on progress also and that solved the same thing you are saying....by the way...did you cut your bump stops in front and rear and if so how much and which piece did you throw away?? thanks--later:rolleyes:

1abSi
04-07-2003, 07:32 PM
yeah i did everything i was supposed to EXCEPT.....i didn't fit all of the spring into that rubber gasket thingy on the front springs in the hat.... i figured that they would press in once on the car...guess not....well i guess i'll have to take it off. not really a big deal though i don't think.