PDA

View Full Version : Need a Host for Borla Mpeg.

greenguy
04-07-2003, 11:40 AM
Who has a friendly host that we can link directly from here? I have it up loaded to imagestation but they are not friendly for direct links.
Let me know.

NMTSi
04-07-2003, 12:45 PM
said this before, but i can host it if it's under around 10 MB.

someone else offered too, who said they had 8 GB or so free, but i don't know how you're gonna send an 8 GB mpeg file to a hotmail account (which has pretty strict limitations on maximum attachment size).

anyway, you have a PM

02SiHB
04-07-2003, 01:34 PM
I have a site I can host it on...

If it can be emailed, mail it to nofx2383@yahoo.com and i'll put it up.. or if you can wait till 7 pm tonight I'llb e home and you can send it to me over AOL IM or MSN or something.

esmith13
04-07-2003, 07:49 PM
I can host it on a T1 at my job, like the meet pics in my sig...

if you want, email it to me at: esmith@simplicitbt.com

I'm the network admin, so i have no limit on my email account either...

But zip it up, since virus software is set to block media files here...

Eric.

greenguy
04-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the offers guys! I sent it of to a couple of people, and hope it reches them and get posted for all to enjoy.
thanks again!:)

NMTSi
04-08-2003, 11:18 AM
the video is posted now

www.nmt.edu/~george/Car/borla-ex-clip.zip <-- the borla exhaust
www.nmt.edu/~george/Car/stock-ex-clip.zip <-- the stock exhaust for comparison

both files are zipped in hope you'll be able to download them quickly.
the clip of the stock exhaust is off my car, made with my mighty digital camera. the car is very dirty.

edits: this post isn't much like it was when it was origonally posted.

greenguy
04-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Linky no worky:(

jaydub
04-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Slowest host EVARRRRRRR

jaydub
04-08-2003, 12:58 PM
Maybe it's just the recording, but it sounds kinda "farty."

NMTSi
04-08-2003, 01:14 PM
sigh, sorry the host is slow, i don't know of anything i can do about that, since it's not hosted off my personal machine.

it comes pretty fast to me...

edit: i think there's some crappy thing on the router that makes mpeg files transfer very slowly, which would explain why they're such a pain in the ass for me to download. i didn't think it also meant the uploaded slow from the school servers. anyway, i zipped up the file, and reposted it, in hopes that it'll transfer faster that way.

NMTSi
04-08-2003, 01:58 PM
well, i think a lot of that has to do with how the clip was recorded... here's a clip of my (stock) exhaust, recorded with all the sophisticated sound processing technology you can pack into a digital camera (ie, 1 crappy mono compressor mic)

www.nmt.edu/~george/Car/stock-ex-clip.zip

jaydub
04-08-2003, 02:17 PM
btw, much faster speeds with the zip files.

greenguy
04-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
Its definatley mellow sounding. Not tinny or fart can sound. At cruz speed its dead silent. I will try and get some sounds rolling down the street.
BTW: the clip was shot within 15 min of the exhaust being installed.

poppasp1ce
04-08-2003, 05:54 PM
sounds good to me, nice deep idle. btw were you in a hurry? you like made a mad dash into the car, rev rev, jumped out of the car like it was stolen :D

SHAKEnBAKE
04-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Wow, thanks for the effort guys. This is definitely useful for me, I'll be considering Borla too.:D :D

CleanBlackSi02
04-08-2003, 09:23 PM
I'd like to hear a clip with the car driving...that is what we do most of the time after all...

greenguy
04-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by poppasp1ce
sounds good to me, nice deep idle. btw were you in a hurry? you like made a mad dash into the car, rev rev, jumped out of the car like it was stolen :D
I was actually being rushed by my wife the whole day to get shit done. The entire day was like that ( read: chicken with head cut off!:D).
Ill work on some sounds with car in motion this weekend.

EPTree
04-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Been waiting for those damn clips forever. Guess I'll be getting a Borla now :p Looks good, sounds damn throaty. Is everything on straight now? No leaning to one side?

AkronSi
04-09-2003, 09:24 AM
That definately sounds cool. That definately puts Borla at the top of my list :D

Two thumbs up to Borla!

If you could do any clips accelerating and cruzzing, that would be great.