PDA

View Full Version : H&R, eibach spring problems...

midas
04-07-2003, 01:15 PM
i just spoke with my mechanic/friend and he told me to wait for a while before getting lowering spings for the Ep. his sales guy told him that they are in development and getting a lot of complaints about eibach and HR springs. i was hoping to go with HR but my friend has never steered me wrong yet (no pun intended). and when he doesnt want to take my money i know he is serious.;)

anyone hear about this?
anyone put some serious miles on one of these springs and have some feedback?

thanx
midas

EP33
04-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Well, I can say:

1. These springs were originally for the RSX/LX/DX/ & lastly Si:rolleyes:

2. The front bottoms frequently.

3. The rear is a bit soft.

but, they ride good (Had four people + stuf in my car 4/5/03 on a 250 road trip), handle good. The occupants were able to fall asleep.

What other complaints have come in? Let me know and I'll make parallels were applicable. So far about 1200 miles on the H&Rs.

02SilverSiHB
04-07-2003, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't get the H&R. I also have seen people complain about their springs for our car. Usually they are pretty good springs, but for some reason they like to use the same springs for the si as they do for the civic ex/lx/dx etc.

They are too soft imo. I haven't heard anything bad about eibach yet...unless some people get the wrong springs that are for the regular civic and not the si.

Hondaman grew tired of his H&R and opted for progress.

slamedrides
04-08-2003, 05:47 PM
I have the h&r's on my si I have had them on for about 2000 miles now. I so glad i picked them. they ride nicer then any other springs i have ever used.

Even with a car load of people it still rides nice. I have also noticed a pretty big difference in the way that she handles also. I think all in all the h&r's are a good buy.

jdm03ep
04-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by slamedrides
I have the h&r's on my si I have had them on for about 2000 miles now. I so glad i picked them. they ride nicer then any other springs i have ever used.

Even with a car load of people it still rides nice. I have also noticed a pretty big difference in the way that she handles also. I think all in all the h&r's are a good buy.

agreed, I have h&r's and I love them. My car runs smooth, silent and handles like dream. i have no complaints, its my only mod so far and i would buy them all over again if i had too:D