PDA

View Full Version : wheel selection

myPod
04-07-2003, 01:36 PM
hello everyone. new to the site here, though an EP owner since december of 2002. spring is just around the corner in chicago, so now I will begin modifying my beautiful baby. I have been reading all of your posts and studying all of your vehicles, and am really impressed with the quality of both the cars and mods as well as the community atmosphere that abounds in these threads (as opposed to any hard-assed competition-based stuff). I have an Eibach Pro-kit on the way, but need help deciding what would look best on my car. My wheel choices are as follows (being that you are all well-read little tuner boys and girls, I will forego links to the wheels because you probably know them anyways):

17" Enkei Rs5
17" Nakayama GT-5
17" Racing Hart CP-8

opinions or photos would help me a great deal, as would any links to the weights of each of these wheels (I cannot find a reliable source for weight ratings). thanks to anyone who cares about the new kid...

ryan

hamlet9634
04-07-2003, 03:01 PM
stuck on 17's are you?

for the price, i recommend checking out Konig helium wheels in a 17x7. They are very light, and I think pretty good-looking. And yes.. cheap.

try them on discounttiredirect.com

1abSi
04-07-2003, 03:03 PM
that site is down

hamlet9634
04-07-2003, 03:15 PM
www.konigwheels.com

they have weights of most of their wheels posted..

prices are not accurate, you can get them A LOT cheaper than the MSRP

02SilverSiHB
04-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by myPod
hello everyone. new to the site here, though an EP owner since december of 2002. spring is just around the corner in chicago, so now I will begin modifying my beautiful baby. I have been reading all of your posts and studying all of your vehicles, and am really impressed with the quality of both the cars and mods as well as the community atmosphere that abounds in these threads (as opposed to any hard-assed competition-based stuff). I have an Eibach Pro-kit on the way, but need help deciding what would look best on my car. My wheel choices are as follows (being that you are all well-read little tuner boys and girls, I will forego links to the wheels because you probably know them anyways):

17" Enkei Rs5
17" Nakayama GT-5
17" Racing Hart CP-8

opinions or photos would help me a great deal, as would any links to the weights of each of these wheels (I cannot find a reliable source for weight ratings). thanks to anyone who cares about the new kid...

ryan
I'd go for the cp8's if I were you. They weigh 17lbs, not too bad.
I don't really care for the enkei ones you listed, I don't think they would look that good in 17", same for the nakayama rims.

Good luck, I know how hard it can be to find just the right rims...I'm doing the same right now :) I see a new rim about every week and change my mind just when I thought I found the rim I wanted.

Marcivi
04-10-2003, 05:48 PM
From the selection you posted, I'd go with the Racing Harts. They're hot looking wheels and they aren't 5 spoke. (at least I don't think they are) Racing Hart has some nice wheels and if I could have been able to swing the cash, I'da prolly gotten some.

-Jack

P.S. Pics of my wheels choice to come as soon as I get her dropped.

02SilverSiHB
04-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Marcivi
From the selection you posted, I'd go with the Racing Harts. They're hot looking wheels and they aren't 5 spoke. (at least I don't think they are) Racing Hart has some nice wheels and if I could have been able to swing the cash, I'da prolly gotten some.

-Jack

P.S. Pics of my wheels choice to come as soon as I get her dropped.
nope, they aren't 5 spoke :)
They're 8 spoke:
http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/RacingHart/cp8.gif
or the even better cp8r, which weigh 12.5lbs:
http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/RacingHart/cp8rsil.gif

Marcivi
04-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Wow, you mean actually knew what the hell I was talking about? Wow.

02SilverSiHB
04-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Marcivi
Wow, you mean actually knew what the hell I was talking about? Wow.
:)
You know I have to retract what I said about the 5 spokes. I just saw some on chet's ride and it looked damn good! Check it out in the member profiles

hamproof
04-11-2003, 09:47 AM
as Type X put it.

I was curious about RH Evolution and Racing Hart. I still can't find a definitive answer but the more I search on the web, it's pointing to the direction that RH EVo and Racing Hart are not affialiate. Ok... don't laugh. One wheel cost many times less than the other. But from looking at various websites, a lot of people seem to think RH Evo is the same as Racing Hart.

I tried to look for Racing Hart CP-8 but it does not exist. Every search comes up with RH Evolution CP-8.

02SilverSiHB
04-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by hamproof
as Type X put it.

I was curious about RH Evolution and Racing Hart. I still can't find a definitive answer but the more I search on the web, it's pointing to the direction that RH EVo and Racing Hart are not affialiate. Ok... don't laugh. One wheel cost many times less than the other. But from looking at various websites, a lot of people seem to think RH Evo is the same as Racing Hart.

I tried to look for Racing Hart CP-8 but it does not exist. Every search comes up with RH Evolution CP-8.
oh, my freakin crap! not this again! okay, RH Evolution...does that give you the hard on now! It says racing hart on www.wheelmax.com so that's why I say racing hart...keeping it simple for the person looking for the rim/brand on www.wheelmax.com

All in all, who gives a fuck!

02SilverSiHB
04-11-2003, 10:21 AM
as Type X put it.

not only fuck it, but fuck this...I'm done...no more moderating for me...............ssvr6...I'm with you man!

hamproof
04-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Don't you wanna know 02SilverSiHB??

Just coz' WheelMax presents RH Evo as Racing Hart doesn't mean it is so, right?

Actually, I'm still unsure what is the truth. Well, maybe you don't care, but I certainly do and since I've time, I'm gonna find out.

I found quite a few magazines (autoweek, import tuner etc.) refer to the RH Evo as Racing Hart RH Evo. So, maybe there's some truth to it. Type X could be right. RH Evo could be a subsidiary of Racing Hart. Racing Hart makes forge wheels and RH Evo makes cast wheels. So, to keep the prestige name of the Racing Hart line, they create another more affordable line and call it RH Evo.

I'm curious as to why you have to spew profanity at my question. You being a mod as well. Was I impolite in any way? Did I offend someone? Let me know.

astig00
04-11-2003, 10:31 AM
as Type X put it.

I tried to look for Racing Hart CP-8 but it does not exist. Every search comes up with RH Evolution CP-8. Just spoke with Vick from Wheel Options and was given the answer to this Racing Hart question. The Racing Hart EVO line is made in Taiwan/China while the Racing Hart(3 pc) is made in Japan by Tanasia(sp). Velox has the same wheel in a 5 spoke that carries the same price. The RH EVO and Velox is made by the same company.

Basically you are just paying for the name "Racing Hart". You will still get a high quality wheel with the CP8-R since it is forged and weighs just a little over 12 pounds. Hope this helps:)

hamproof
04-11-2003, 10:37 AM
astig00

Are you saying then that RH Evo line is made by the parent company of Racing Hart (Takechi Project Co. LTD)? The difference is, RH Evo is manuf. in China/Taiwan and Racing Hart made in Japan?

I don't know why but I find it fascinating and I would like to find out more. Strange thing is as I dig more some wheel companies are saying both these companies are not connected and RH Evo rims are made in USA.

Maybe they themselves don't even know. I'm digging into Takechi Project now. Maybe I can find some blurb there about it.

For those who cares but don't know, Takechi Project rims are known as Racing Hart in US.

astig00
04-11-2003, 10:51 AM
astig00

Are you saying then that RH Evo line is made by the parent company of Racing Hart (Takechi Project Co. LTD)? The difference is, RH Evo is manuf. in China/Taiwan and Racing Hart made in Japan?

I don't know why but I find it fascinating and I would like to find out more. Strange thing is as I dig more some wheel companies are saying both these companies are not connected and RH Evo rims are made in USA.

Maybe they themselves don't even know. I'm digging into Takechi Project now. Maybe I can find some blurb there about it.

For those who cares but don't know, Takechi Project rims are known as Racing Hart in US. Racing Hart EVO is just a cheap way for folks to carry the name on their car. The rims which have this brand on them can be bought cheaper with another name stamped on them since they are just cast 1 peice rims. I have heard from before the Racing Hart EVO was even made by Prime Wheels.

Takechi makes rims for various manufacturers. They are different by only their stamp/stickers/slight feature when they come over here to the US and patented.